- INCREDIBLE SPONSOR/PARTNERS
- INSTITUTE TO OFFER STARTUP COURSE
- HELPS FOR MICROENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT
- GET TRAINED IN HELPING THOSE WHO ARE INDRUSTRIOUS
- INTERACTIVE HOMESCHOOL RESOURCE
- DENTAL TRAINING FOR MISSIONS
- GET LOW LONG DISTANCE FROM USA TO ELSEWHERE
- “LAST DAYS” IS SEARCHING FOR HOUSE PARENTS
- CAN YOU BELIEVE ALL THE WORMS IN OUR EMAIL?
- CLOSING STUFF
- INCREDIBLE SPONSOR/PARTNERS — We continue to be bowled over by some terrific sponsors… Cathy Dreger, at the Chalmers Center for Economic Development, Covenant College, Lookout Mt., GA, 30750, firstname.lastname@example.org , $30; and then there’s $20 from Joan Goddard, Travel Consultant with Wilcox World Travel And Tours, email@example.com, 800-438-5828, ext. 343; plus an anonymous partnership gifts of $225. These gifts bring us closer to being able to imagine ongoing help to underwrite the cost of our already-in-action secretary. I’m seeing parts of my “to do list” I haven’t seen for months… and we’re getting caught up on Brigada Todays! Thank you for your partnership and love!!!!
- INSTITUTE TO OFFER STARTUP COURSE — The Christian Economic Development Institute offers practical, hands-on training to equip your church or ministry to help the poor to help themselves through their own work. There are no prerequisites for participation in the training. No experience is necessary! They train missionaries and church leaders the world over to implement strategies that communicate Christ’s love in both word & deed. There are now three delivery mechanisms to get you the training you need. Choose the delivery mechanism that works best for you: Live training events (Bangkok, Thailand, May 24-June 2 and at Covenant College, Lookout Mountain, GA, August 2-11), Email based, distance learning classes; and Video-DVD courses. For more information, visit http://www.chalmers.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 706-419-1805
- HELPS FOR MICROENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT — The world of microenterprise development (MED) can be bewildering. There are so many terms, so many organizations, and so many concepts to learn. Frankly, it is all rather overwhelming. Where can a person turn to sort it all out? If this is how you are feeling, then this book is for you. _Christian Microenterprise Development: an Introduction_, is now on sale now for $10, plus shipping and handling. Co-authored by David Bussau, the “father” of Christian MED, and Dr. Russell Mask, International Microenterprise Coordinator for the Chalmers Center for Economic Development, this book is designed to help churches, missionaries, and Christian NGOs understand the basics of MED in the Two-Thirds World. For more information, email email@example.com, or for an online presence, see http://www.chalmers.org or phone 706-419-1805 for more information.
- GET TRAINED IN HELPING THOSE WHO ARE INDRUSTRIOUS — Principles and Practices of Christian Microfinance and Microenterprise Development is just a mouse-click away! The Chalmers Center for Economic Development at Covenant College now offers Christian Economic Development Institute training three ways: 1) E-mail based distance learning courses 2) Video-DVD courses and 3) Live, on- site training. Join distance learning students the world over in this innovative approach to mercy ministry training. “Principles and Practices of Christian Microenterprise Development in the 2/3 World”: Module 1: “Foundations”-starts Jan 5, 2004, and module 2: “The Microfinance/Microenterprise Development Landscape” starts Jan 26, 2004. To reserve your spot today, contact 706-419-1805, or visit http://www.chalmers.org
- INTERACTIVE HOMESCHOOL RESOURCE — World Wide Home School, a free membership resource for homeschooling families, provides a secure, interactive portal with a variety of resources, courses and community opportunities. Their members are able to create their own online courses, discussion groups, fellowship groups, Bible studies, Co-ops and chats with the easy to use template available. Visit http://www.worldwidehomeschool.com to see how you might benefit as a homeschooler, or by using this technology to keep in touch with your families, friends and supporters. The folks at World Wide are also interested in having missionaries lead Bible Studies, discussion groups and host special events like online question and answer sessions. They encourage you to contact David Johns by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 610-937-0992.
- DENTAL TRAINING FOR MISSIONS — Learn a great skill in which you can demonstrate the love of Christ in a practical way. In just ten days, get the training to bring greatly needed dental care to your community. Courses are offered monthly in Texas, USA. http://www.dentaltrainingformissions.com e-mail: email@example.com
GET LOW LONG DISTANCE FROM USA TO ELSEWHERE — Here’s a great deal on international phone rates. Just go to the UWT connection-page. If you sign up, UWT will give a small sponsorship gift to Brigada.
“LAST DAYS” IS SEARCHING FOR HOUSE PARENTS — A married couple without children is needed to live in Reynosa, Mexico and serve as house parents to four of the children at the Josiah and Bethany Children’s Home affiliated with Calvary Commission and Last Days Ministry. A one year commitment is required. More information may be obtained at
http://www.calvarycommission.org or via firstname.lastname@example.org
- CAN YOU BELIEVE ALL THE WORMS IN OUR EMAIL? — David agrees with me that everyone needs a firewall. But David recommends that better than the XP Firewall: Use “Zone Alarm.” There is a free version at http://www.zonealarm.com . David says Zone Alarm Pro is worth the cost of the software.