- URBANA 03
- BOOKS FOR THE WORLD BRINGS HOME THE CHAPTERS
- READ THIS IF YOU’RE NOT WORRYING
- MISSIONARY TRAINING CAMPS
- LIBERIA SPIRITUAL LANDSCAPE PROFILE POSTED
- ADOPT A PEOPLE CONFERENCE
- OMF’S PRAYER GROUP TRAINING PROGRAM
- TENTMAKER TRAINING GOES INTO HIGH GEAR!
- MISSIONS TEACHING OPPORTUNITY
- CLOSING STUFF
- URBANA 03 — Urbana 03 is InterVarsity Christian Fellowship’s 20th Student Mission Convention. From Dec. 27 – 31, 2003, over 20,000 students, missionaries, and campus leaders will converge on the campus of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign for five days of seeking their place in God’s mission. The convention consists of general sessions that incorporate worship, theater, and missionary testimonies, as well as small groups, 300 seminar options, various special tracks, and more than 350 mission agency and seminary exhibits. Since the first Urbana in 1946, more than 200,000 people have heard the challenge to participate in God’s global mission. For more information about Urbana or to register, visit http://www.urbana.org . If you have questions, call (608) 274-7995 or email email@example.com .
- BOOKS FOR THE WORLD BRINGS HOME THE CHAPTERS — CLC has initiated a project called “Books for the World”. By partnering with English, French, and Portuguese language publishers, CLC is able to offer a selection of quality Christian books at a fraction of the normal retail price – with the stipulation that the books are distributed only to people in the developing world. Want to know more? Contact Manager Lloyd Hodkinson at his warehouse in Chesterfield, England firstname.lastname@example.org
FUND-RAISERS COACHES’ CLINIC — Double your effectiveness in raising funds ……Attend the next People Raising Coaches Clinic—- Move beyond the fear factor and raise more funds in half the time. The People Raising Coaches Clinic shows you how. Implement 10-key habits for success. Network with other Christian leaders responsible for coaching their staff in support raising. Arm yourself with the tools for an effective fund raising ministry. If you are searching for funds and personal support, you can’t afford to miss this breakthrough 2-day conference October 31-November 1! Register by October 1st and save $50. For more information or to register on-line go to
or e-mail Bill@PeopleRaising.com
- MISSIONARY TRAINING CAMPS — Something has happened in your heart, you feel you have a call to missions involvement; now what do you do? The Missionary Training Camps present a wide range of spiritual and practical issues to help people prepare for missions work. Pastors, missions leaders, prayer warriors, those called to short term and career missions have attended the camps. One worker, now in the 10-40 window, said the camp jump started his missions call. For those desiring further help, mentorship and certification follow the camps. The Next Missionary Training Camp Is In Virginia From October 2-5, 2003. For details regurading training content, dates, places of other upcoming camps, see the Elijah Company web site at http://www.elijahcompany.org or write to email@example.com or call (757) 639-2906.
LIBERIA SPIRITUAL LANDSCAPE PROFILE POSTED — Bruce just posted a profile on the spiritual situation in Liberia to the Operation Reveille web site: http://www.oprev.org/Liberia.htm
The black and white downloadable Acrobat Reader version should photocopy very well and the color HTML version has links to Christian ministry agencies working in Liberia.
ADOPT A PEOPLE CONFERENCE — The theme for the 2003 Adopt-a- People/People Partnerships Training Conference is “Making it Real.” It is a practical, “how to” conference focused on providing local churches and local church leaders the tools they need to develop and be actively involved in the AAP/PP ministry. The leadership team for this conference emerges from the U.S. Center for World Missions, CBF Global Missions, CBF Florida, Wycliffe, Mentoring Missions and local church missions leadership. To be held at College Park Baptist Church in Orlando Florida. For more information: http://www.adoptapeople.net
To register, contact Tom firstname.lastname@example.org . The conference Fee is $50.00 per person.
- OMF’S PRAYER GROUP TRAINING PROGRAM — OMF (Overseas Missionary Fellowship) is sponsoring a Prayer Group Training program on Saturday, November 1, 2003 at Peninsula Covenant Church (3560 Farm Hill Blvd., Redwood City, CA 94061). Check-in and refreshments begin at 8:30am. with the program running from 9am-12noon. Please RSVP by sending email with name, address, telephone, email and name of home church to ElaineTai at email@example.com or call (650) 559-8088. Web site: http://www.us.omf.org/northwest . This program is offered free of charge to all attendees. Learn how you can change Asia through the power of prayer. Their goal is to have 6 or more vibrant prayer groups throughout the Bay Area, all led by competent and trained leaders. (If you’d like to subscribe to the OMF Bay Area Mission Update, a quarterly email newsletter, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org )
- TENTMAKER TRAINING GOES INTO HIGH GEAR! — Did you know that GLOBAL Opportunities tentmaker training programs have now been launched in Europe as well? Their first ever Light to the Nations course in Norway earlier this year had a record number of people in attendance. There is still room at their next LTN intensive tentmaking course in Pasadena California 15-19 October 2003. There is also a free half day tentmaking seminar in Toronto, Canada this Saturday the 27th of September. Go to their website for more info and to register. http://www.globalopps.org or email them at email@example.com
- MISSIONS TEACHING OPPORTUNITY — Joy Christian Academy in Cebu City, Philippines needs teachers for all levels at their K-6 MK school. Joy Christian Academy educates missionary and international children. It is a great opportunity to serve in this large metropolitan city. For more information contact Les Tilka at firstname.lastname@example.org