- SURVEY RESULTS: LOWEST PHONE RATES ON INT’L CALLS
- BUSINESS FOR KINGDOM PURPOSES
- MINISTER TO HIV/AIDS PATIENTS IN CAMBODIA
- HOW DOES INSURANCE HANDLE SARS?
- TEACH IN TAIWAN THIS FALL
- GET CARTOONS
- TESOL SCHOOL IN HAWAII
- MAPS AND EMBASSIES OF THE WORLD
- ENGLISH TEACHERS NEEDED IN ROMANIA
- CLOSING STUFF
- SURVEY RESULTS: LOWEST PHONE RATES ON INT’L CALLS — If you call internationally you will reportedly have a hard time finding anything cheaper. FROM ANY COUNTRY in the world use the callback services offered by United World Telecom http://www.phone-access.com/uwt/ Check out their new low rates, with no set fees whatsoever. You only pay for the calls you make. There’s online sign-up and billing and toll-free access from 30 countries. Or get your own US CallMe800 number that will be re-directed to you anywhere in the world. Calling from the USA? No problem. They’ve got some of the cheapest international rates. Check ’em out at: http://www.phone-access.com/png. There’s no need to switch your long distance provider and you even get a calling card that can be used from any telephone in the USA. Want more info? Write John . He’s already serving countless of missionaries around the world.
- BUSINESS FOR KINGDOM PURPOSES — The Centre for Entrepreneurship and Economic Development (CEED) and Creative Access Associates is bringing together an unusual combination of top entrepreneurs and business trainers for one dynamic three week seminar. Join Peter Tsukahira, Dwight Nordstrom, David Bussau and others experienced and skilled in Kingdom business planning, financing, managing, and training in China, Mongolia, Central Asia, the Middle East, and other parts of the 10/40 Window. Participants will experience an intense learning environment, exposing them to the rigors and joys of starting and running a business as missions as well as receive hours of personal assistance from expert consultants on their individual call, business plan, and investment proposals. An optional track prepares students in setting up micro- enterprise programs. The seminar will take place in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, September 8-26, 2003. Just log on at: http://www.CEED-UofN.org for information and applications or write .
MINISTER TO HIV/AIDS PATIENTS IN CAMBODIA — Here’s a group looking for nurses and doctors to help with AIDS patients in Cambodia. The ministry in Phnom Pehn is an intense medically centered ministry where you will work with HIV/AIDS patients and minister to children orphaned because of this disease on a Buddhist Wat, as well as encourage long- term missionaries. You can begin immediately and work through the summer, but you must have a strong heart for the sick and be very flexible as there will be long hours and rugged conditions. Contact Sara at Mission to Unreached People by calling 1-888-847-6950 in the USA or via Net2phone, or call (206) 781-3151 or check them out at http://www.mup.org or email
- HOW DOES INSURANCE HANDLE SARS? — When asked about SARS, one source (TTc) said the insurers were telling them, ” “SARS is considered a chronic condition (there being no administered treatment to cure …the body must cure itself as it is a virus). However, the TTc programme covers acute exacerbations of the condition, so if a member needs hospitalisation, we would look to cover this eventuality.” I guess the bottom line is: it’s a difficult condition to treat… with no clearcut solutions. Be careful. For more information about TTc and its solutions, log on at: http://www.talent-trust.com
- TEACH IN TAIWAN THIS FALL — Here’s a group needing teachers in Taiwan for the September ’03 school year to teach english reading, writing, listening and speaking, and/or ESP in both university and extension programs. You even get some responsibility to participate in curriculum development. As far as qualifications, you need an MA/MS degree, TESL/TEFL preferred, or experience in English Education. They include a salary, as well as benefits like health insurance, paid winter and summer vacation, etc. Contact Jeff at Mission to Unreached Peoples for more information. 1-888-847-6950 or 206-781-3151 or by email at . The Mission to Unreached Peoples website is http://www.mup.org
GET CARTOONS — Get cartoons and pictures for use by non profits as a resource for Bible schools, Sermons, Teaching, Sunday school, Christian education. Overheads and church newsletters or evangelism, there is a feedback page for you to find out how subscribers are using this resource. Or simply receive the pictures for blessing and enjoyment. It is intended one cartoon or picture to be ready each week, subscribers will be notified by email. To sign up or find out more about the pictures please visit the link at http://www.greeting-cards-4u.com/PictureWeekly/index.html . For specific questions email
- TESOL SCHOOL IN HAWAII — The next TESOL Course ( Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages ) at The University of The Nations in Kona, Hawaii, will begin August 18, 2003. This course will equip you to teach English & open doors for you anywhere in the world you may be led to go.This is a four week academic cirriculum with a two week practicum following immediatly. The exact schedule is from August 18, 2003 thru September 26, 2003. For more information & application forms contact .
- MAPS AND EMBASSIES OF THE WORLD — Here’s a searchable database of maps of different countries, and all embassies in all countries. Maps: http://www.embassyworld.com/maps Embassies: http://www.embassyworld.com/ I’m *really* impressed with the maps page. It finds *tons* of links with certain lands. (Thanks loads, Tony!!!)
- ENGLISH TEACHERS NEEDED IN ROMANIA — Friendship International is looking for English teachers to work at a childrens/youth camp this summer. Romanians love to learn English and this opens a great door to share the gospel! The English Language Institute in Caransebes, Romania expects around 200 students for this years camp, but doesn’t have enough teachers. There is NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED, but you must be at least 17 years old. The scheduled camp dates (including travel) are from July 8-28. If you are interested in more information please go to their web site http://www.friendshipintl.org , or contact Missy at 1- 719-386-8808 or .