In this issue….
- NEW EMAIL JOURNALS… TCKS, TENTMAKERS, RESEARCHING
- ACCENTED CHARACTERS
- ENGLISH AND EVANGELISM
- EASY-ENGLISH BIBLE COMMENTARIES
- EASY-ENGLISH PROGRAMMING
- OTHER TEFL LINKS
- GRAY’S THE COLOR OF LIFE
- FREE BIBLE SCHOOL
- NATIVE LANGUAGE TOOLS
- FREE TRAINING MATERIAL
- REPORT: MOTIVATING COMFORT-MINDED ADULTS TO MISSIONS
- CLOSING STUFF
NEW EMAIL JOURNALS… TCKS, TENTMAKERS, RESEARCHING
ENGLISH AND EVANGELISM
The Good News Course is online English-learning material, designed to be evangelistic and based on Christian material: http://www.gnews-english.org
Literacy And Evangelism produce the excellent (printed) Passport To The World Of English course: http://www.LiteracyEvangelism.org
FONETIKS: sound pronunciation for English learners: http://www.fonetiks.org
EASY-ENGLISH BIBLE COMMENTARIES
OTHER TEFL LINKS
GRAY’S THE COLOR OF LIFE
FREE BIBLE SCHOOL
NATIVE LANGUAGE TOOLS
You can see the status of our translation work live on the web at: http://www.logos.com/titus/language/status.asp
People who know the languages can contribute translation help at: http://www.logos.com/titus/language/
FREE TRAINING MATERIAL
- are not making a profit from use of the free material,
- have your Pastor’s or Ministry Leader’s permission to use the material and
- you provide a little basic information.
The site has 34 teaching series and is constantly adding new ones. For free online training resources, visit http://www.godspeak.org/goto_classes.html
REPORT: MOTIVATING COMFORT-MINDED ADULTS TO MISSIONS
- USCWM,1605 E. Elizabeth St., Pasadena CA 91104. Books, videos.
- Caleb Project’s top 10 Bible studies http://www.calebproject.org/bomm/biblstdy.html.
- Perspectives on the World Christian Movement, USCWM.
- Let the Nations Be Glad by John Piper.
- Discovering Our Place in God’s Plan, Next Step Resources.
- Path to God’s Glory by Joe Markulike.
- Six Dangerous Questions by Paul Borthwick.
- Experiencing God, by Henry Blackaby.
- Involve your people through videos, speakers, short-term trips, child sponsorship, visit a missionary/promo their work.
- Practicing biblical hospitality to the “stranger in our midst.” http://www.sojourners.cc/cellgroup.html.
TO SUBSCRIBE — To subscribe to BRIGADA TODAY, send email to email@example.com.
TO UNSUBSCRIBE — Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Subject and text are ignored.)
IF IT DOESN’T WORK — Write Don & Judy, our Customer Services Managers at email@example.com. Yahooooo for volunteers!!!
COPYRIGHT — This issue of Brigada Today is Copyrighted © 2001. However, permission is granted to freely redistribute these materials, including those available through email autoresponders, provided that such redistribution is to those who will help the Good News of Christianity to reach the unreached. But please include this phrase: “For a free subscription of Brigada‘s weekly missions publication, write firstname.lastname@example.org>.”
IMPORTANT: To copy or reproduce Brigada Today for any other reason is illegal and is not permitted.
DISCLAIMER — Please note that there’s no way we can possibly screen all the text on all the web sites or items we recommend. We try to check them out first… but if we miss something, please don’t assume that the opinions on those sites are identical to those of the Brigada family of networks. “Eat the corn, leave the cob!”
For subscription questions or problems, write email@example.com.
SUBMITTING CONTENT — To submit content or ideas to Brigada Today, first please get a copy of “Guidelines for submitting items to Brigada” Then, once you’ve composed your item in keeping with those guidelines, send your item for Brigada Today to DLucas@teamexpansion.org.
Emphasis is placed on items relating to unreached peoples and challenges faced by those reaching them cross-culturally.
PLEASE DON’T SUBSCRIBE US TO YOUR LIST — It’s always better to ask before manually force-adding anyone to your list-serve or mailing list. Recently, tons of well-meaning people have been subscribing Doug to their lists. Since he often travels overseas, he doesn’t join many of those, for obvious reasons (like being charged big-time for overseas access). So as a general rule, please don’t bulk-mail us! See the note above if you’d like to submit items for Brigada Today. Thanks for understanding. Bottom line: We will never create Brigada Today items from bulk mail. Bulk mail gets deleted immediately — sorry. Nothing personal. We suggest you apply the same standard to everyone. Ask first!
WARNING ABOUT FORWARDING EMAILS — Please, before forwarding any kind of request (even if it says “please send this to all your friends”), please check to make sure it has a VERIFIABLE ORIGIN, a VERIFIABLE PURPOSE, and a VERIFIABLE CLOSURE (OPC). By following this simple approach, many “email viruses” could be nipped in the bud… at least in the Brigada family. More information about the full Brigada OPC protocol is available. Thank you.
BRIGADA TODAY IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE FOLLOWING TEAM OF REGULAR VOLUNTEERS:
- Global Glimpses: John Hanna, Caleb Project, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brigada Website: Bob Mayhew, WebServant@brigada.org
- Brigada Customer Service Manager: email@example.com
- Brigada Coordinator: Doug Lucas, Team Expansion & Brigada, DLucas@teamexpansion.org
- and many other occasional contributors too numerous to mention!
- But thanks for working together! That’s the dream of Brigada!