- ENCOUNTERING THE WORLD OF ISLAM
- NO HTML REQUIRED, FREE WEB SITES FOR MISSIONARIES
- FREE CONTENT FOR YOUR WEBSITE
- MINISTRY TRANSPORTATION SOLUTIONS
- TAKE IN AN ALL-AFRICA CONFERENCE
- ENCOURAGEMENT FOR MISSIONARY WOMEN
- GOT BROADBAND? GET GREAT RATES!
- TO GOD BE THE GLORY (THE NORTHERN CAPE COLOURED)
- SHORT-TERMERS NEEDD TO REACH OUT TO HURRICANE STAN SURVIVORS
- THE BACKPAGE: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
- CLOSING STUFF
- ENCOUNTERING THE WORLD OF ISLAM — This course, formerly known as Perspectives on the World of Islam, is coming to San Diego, California, January 26, 2006 – April 20, 2006. For more information about the classes see http://www.EncounteringIslam.org To sign up or to get answers write firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ben (619) 583-0950 in the USA.
- NO HTML REQUIRED, FREE WEB SITES FOR MISSIONARIES — missionary411.com is a new website that offers missionaries a free web- managed web site to keep their partners up on what they are doing as a missionary. Creating your own web site is free of charge, though donations to defray server and usage costs are welcome. The site offers a variety of features; a personal web address, anonymity if serving in a sensitive area, unlimited news updates and prayer requests, picture uploading and total management of the web site with no knowledge of html. To find out more information about this ministry, or to sign up for your own account, go to: http://www.missionary411.com
- FREE CONTENT FOR YOUR WEBSITE — Internet Evangelism Day offers a resource page of tips about how to make church websites evangelistic. This content can, in turn, be inserted into any other website, just by copying a few lines of code. The process is now far simpler than that offered previously, and will enable you to create a new page in seconds. http://ied.gospelcom.net/church-site-tips.php
- MINISTRY TRANSPORTATION SOLUTIONS — MATS provides vehicle solutions through many God ordained sources for Christian Ministry persons, pastors, missionaries, staff persons, para-church, and retirees. They have everything from new and used bicycles to semi-tractors. For more information, log on at http://www.mats.org or call (765)965-7777 or fax (765)962-4645 or email car(at)mats(dot)org
- TAKE IN AN ALL-AFRICA CONFERENCE — Tentmakers International Exchange is organizing on August 16th-19th 2007 the “All Africa Conference.” The theme is: The Way to African Nations. The venue will be the Grand Seminar Saint-Augustine, Samaya, Bamako, Mali, West Africa. This conference is designed to develop tentmaker strategies of mission in Africa, and to train lay people to share their faith in the context of their professions/trades. For more information, contact Tiowa partnerspmgm(at)yahoo(dot)com [As a means of preventing spam for our contributors, in the preceding email address(es), please replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .] Main speakers include Dr Derek Christensen, (TIE International Director) and many others. Reserve your spot with a deposit of just 5 euros if you reserve in 2006. (Four days full board will cost just 35 euros.) If possible, reserve through your national TIE contact person.
- ENCOURAGEMENT FOR MISSIONARY WOMEN — Need a place to “connect” with other missionary women? “Oaks of Righteousness” group exists to provide a place of support and fellowship for women in missions. Drop a note to the moderator at latviagirl1(at)yahoo(dot)com or apply at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/oaks_of_righteousness [As a means of preventing spam for our contributors, in the preceding email address(es), please replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .]
- GOT BROADBAND? GET GREAT RATES! — VoIP service is now available using a small adapter unit on cable or DSL connections with unlimited calling to US and Canada for $19.95 per month (and very low international rates). Check out details at http://www.voipnetadvantage.com/?agentnumber=837371 This service can be used to call from international locations as long as they have compatible cable or DSL connections, and a US or Canadian address for credit card billing and shipping of the phone connection adapter unit. There is a one time setup and shipping charge of $46.90 for this service, but the first month of calling to US and Canada is free to offset some of the initial costs. (Thanks again to Judy for offering to help sponsor Brigada if folks sign up for this service.)
- TO GOD BE THE GLORY (THE NORTHERN CAPE COLOURED) — In early 2004, you began praying for the Northern Cape Coloured, an unengaged people. You prayed that men, women and children would have the opportunity to hear the Good News of Jesus Christ. You also prayed for the Lord to send Christian workers who would live among these people, demonstrating the love of Christ in their daily lives. God has answered your prayers! Now there are eight missionaries working and living in the Northern Cape (of Northwest South Africa) and who are part of the Northern Cape Evangelism Team. Let us praise God and thank Him for answering these prayers! Praise God that the Northern Cape Coloured are no longer an unengaged people! Enter 2006 with expectancy as God’s Word is proclaimed throughout the Northern Cape! Contact http://www.forgottenpeoples.info or the new email sf_swac(at)altonet(dot)co(dot)za to find out more about Forgotten Peoples.
- SHORT-TERMERS NEED TO REACH OUT TO HURRICANE STAN SURVIVORS — Two months after the storm, most of the relief agencies have gone home for the holidays never to return to Guatemala. Porch de Salomon (see http://www.porchdesalomon.org ) has shifted its focus to relief work and house-building and is recruiting teams for the 2006 calendar year. If you would be interested in helping the thousands of homeless and hungry storm victims in the Atitlan Basin, the hardest hit area of Guatemala, drop Bill a line at bill(at)porchdesalomon.org They can use medical,/dental, construction, evangelical, youth, and Bible School teams of 12 to 20 members. For some photos of the destruction see: http://www.pananight.com/tormenta_stan_Album.html Also check out the newsletters on their website above for examples of the work their teams have been doing.
THE BACKPAGE: HAPPY NEW YEAR! — As we all begin this new year, I can’t help but wonder — what new habits will we all form. I have this friend and co-worker … His name is Eric… and recently he’s *reeeally* been into this mode of forming good habits. For example, every morning for the past 22 mornings, he’s gotten up early to re- write (remember ink pens?) his entire year’s goals, one line at a time. (OK… so he only writes the broad strokes, but still, it’s a whole page of stuff.) He says it’s really helping him keep his long-range goals in mind.
So how ’bout you. What habits are you going to form in 2006? Whatever they are, let’s all try to live each moment for the Lord. And may God bless us every one.
t of the post here