- CONGRATS TO GMI FOR WINNING THE CROWELL
- MISSIONS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
- SEEKING ANTI-ABORTION MATERIAL IN SPANISH
- MISSIONARY TEACHING OPPORTUNITIES
- GRC E-MAIL LISTSERVICES
- EAST AFRICAN PROJECT SEMINARS
- TESOL TRAINING WITH PRACTICUM AMONG THE UNREACHED
- AU SABLE INSTITUTE TRAINS MISSIONARIES/WORKERS
- SHORT-TERM OPPORTUNITIES FOR POLICE/FIREFIGHTERS
- CLOSING STUFF
- CONGRATS TO GMI FOR WINNING THE CROWELL — Congratulations to Global Mapping International (GMI) for winning the Henry Parsons Crowell Award, a special honor established to recognize the significant contributions of the entrepreneurial founder of The Quaker Oats Company as well as to encourage others to follow his example. During the 40 years he served as chairman of the board of Moody Bible Institute, he consistently gave 65% of his income to Christian ministry. (More information about The Crowell Trust can be found at http://www.crowellfoundation.org .) GMI serves as distributor of Operation World on CD, as well as The World of Islam, with a combined circulation of 23,000 copies. Headquartered in Colorado Springs, GMI uses research and technology to create resources that fuel emerging mission movements and leaders. Founded in 1983, GMI focuses on serving evangelical mission leaders in the developing world. Learn more about GMI at http://www.gmi.org. Congratulations GMI!!!
- MISSIONS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM — The Acts 13 Initiative in Manila, Philippines will host an eight-week missions experience for college- aged youth, June 2 – July 26, 2003. The experience will include intense participant discipleship and outreach opportunities. The cost, $2,000 US, includes room, board, training materials, local transportation, and outreach costs. For more information and to apply, check it out at http://www.acts13.tv .
- SEEKING ANTI-ABORTION MATERIAL IN SPANISH — Becky Porter is in the process of compiling a list of anti-abortion related ministries in Latin America or ministries in English which also have Spanish material. Please send any information you might have to . Becky will be happy to share the results with others who are interested.
MISSIONARY TEACHING OPPORTUNITIES — Christian Academy of Guatemala is a day school for missionary kids grades K-12. CAG is in need of several faculty/staff members for Elementary, Middle School and High School levels. If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunities, write
or visit their website http://www.christacadguate.org
- GRC E-MAIL LISTSERVICES — Do you or your organization have the need to keep in touch with home fellowships, missions supporters, send newsletters, weekly bulletins, or prayer letters? GRC is currently serving as the hosting “listserver” to over 300 organizations ranging from local churches to large para-church organizations. You can send HTML content, or plain text messages. Prices start at $5.75 per month (plus bandwidth). Learn more at http://www.grcomputing.net/products.html#XCListserver
EAST AFRICAN PROJECT SEMINARS — Unlimited Strategy Evangelism (USE) will conduct a second installment of seminars for pastors and church leaders at the following locations and time: Nakuru, Kenya Feb. 23 – 28, 2003 and Bungoma, Kenya Mar. 2 – 6, 2003. For further information, contact
or . Check out USE at http://www.hometown.aol.com/aranyas/USE2.html . firstname.lastname@example.org>
- TESOL TRAINING WITH PRACTICUM AMONG THE UNREACHED -– This course will be taught in a southern city in the Philippines. It is a five week intensive TESOL course taught by American instructors and includes a teaching practicum among students of an unreached people group in the vicinity. The course dates are April 7th – May 9th, 2003. The cost is only $500 US dollars, this includes board, lodging, several books, and curriculum. The cost for Philippine citizens living in country is P15,000 pesos. The course combines the academic with the practical. For more information write to Melody at . Box 1415 QCCPO, Quezon City 1154, Philippines. 632-658-3807.
- AU SABLE INSTITUTE TRAINS MISSIONARIES/WORKERS — Au Sable Institute of Environmental Studies under Cal DeWitt started the Christian Environmental Stewardship movement and now has a network of 59 participating Christian colleges throughout North America. They are now designing courses particularly for agricultural and development workers such as ‘Tropical Agriculture and Missions’, ‘Ecological Agriculture’ and ‘Global Development and Sustainability’. Courses are offered in January (12/31-1/20); May (5/14-6/3); and in two summer terms(6/5-7/9 & 7/17-8/16). You can take them at three North American sites (Michigan, Washington, Florida) and two overseas locations (India & Kenya), and you can get credit through any of the 59 participating colleges. See http://www.ausable.org or call 1-800-315-2836 (North America) or +1- 231-587-8686 or write to .
- SHORT-TERM OPPORTUNITIES FOR POLICE/FIREFIGHTERS — Mission Mobilization International has short term and career opportunities for Police Officers and Firefighters whether active or retired. They have been reaching out to police officers in Latin America and the Caribbean for the past 7 years. Over 17,000 police officers have heard the gospel and over 7,000 have made decisions for Christ. They are involved in a partnership with Focus on the Family to distribute resources to those they minister to in other countries. They are having their first outreach to Firefighters in Guatemala in February 2003. If you are interested in being a part of this exciting ministry or would like to have an outreach to the police or firefighters in your country please let them know. You can write Randy at or contact them at 719-761-6258 or write to MMI PO Box 77165 Colorado Springs, CO 80970.