In this issue…
1) TENTMAKING SEMINAR IN SPAIN
2) FINISHERS FORUM
3) MISSIONARY CONFERENCE FEBRUARY 12-14, 2002
4) LEARN TO TEACH ENGLISH IN CHINA
5) YOUTH: FORGOTTEN UNREACHED “FIELD”
6) EMS/IFMA NATIONAL CONFERENCE
7) GREAT NEWS SITE
8) USE YOUR VOCATION TO REACH THE NATIONS
9) TAKE PART IN “PRAYWORLD 2002”
10) CLOSING STUFF
1) TENTMAKING SEMINAR IN SPAIN — The Centre for Entrepreneurship and Economic Development (CEED) invites entrepreneurs, pioneering business teams, and creative field workers to a premier seminar on “Kingdom business creation in Muslim and frontier locations.” The CEED Middle East Team combines business expertise with decades of experience in the Middle East and North Africa. Join top entrepreneurs, business consultants, and adventurous and dedicated nationals in an intense and interactive three week seminar designed to teach biblical foundations of business, and equip you with the practical tools and skills necessary to successfully launch or join a business with kingdom goals, in Spain, April 1-20. For more information contact:
2) FINISHERS FORUM — A Finishers Forum will be held Friday night and Saturday till 5PM, February 15-16, 2002 in Indianapolis. This is an “Urbana”-like event to assist people in finding a significant second-career joining God in His passion for the nations. Adults of all ages are invited. It will make most sense for people who have had a career and raised or almost raised a family and are looking for more now or a few years in the future. The Finishers Project is a partnership of over 70 mission agencies more interested in people than money. To explore options uniquely suited for you at this event or online register at
3) MISSIONARY CONFERENCE FEBRUARY 12-14, 2002 — Living Word Missions (LWM) is inviting all missionaries both foreign and national working in the region of South West Europe (UK, France, Belgium, Italy, Andorra, Spain, & Portugal) to a Conference designed especially to address the special needs and challenges of that part of the world. Main speaker, Wolfgang Simson (author of Houses That Change The World and editor of the DAWN Friday Fax), will bring a fresh new way of looking at forgotten strategies and principles from the early church in what is coming to be known today as “the House Church movement”. Other internationally renowned speakers include Russ Tatro, founder and international director of LWM and the International Missionary Center, Tulsa, OK and Greg Jacob, Pastor of Amistad Cristiana in Madrid, Spain. The location for the conference is in Southern Spain in the town of Mollina, Sevilla. For more information and how to register contact the conference host and Regional Coordinator for LWM, Tom Cook: phone/fax (34) 95 415 6275 or e-mail:
4) LEARN TO TEACH ENGLISH IN CHINA — A six-week TESOL course will be held June 14-July 27, 2002 in Shanghai. A certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of the course. Teaching opportunities will be available upon successful completion of the school. The course will utilize proven American instructors and curriculum. Please be language sensitive when writing. Unsecured Internet site in China. For more information go to or write .
5) YOUTH: FORGOTTEN UNREACHED “FIELD” — Youth around the world need Christians to share the Gospel with them. Well here’s your chance to make a difference. Ministry areas such as discipleship, friendship evangelism, teaching English, youth camps and weekend retreats are just a few areas you could get involved in. You would be working in cooperation with local churches and under the leadership of seasoned missionaries. Short and long-term opportunities are available. You will need to raise support for living and travel expenses. Please contact Jeff at Mission to Unreached Peoples, at 1-888-847-6950 or 206-781-3151 or email at to obtain more information. Their website is http://www.mup.org .
6) EMS/IFMA NATIONAL CONFERENCE — The Evangelical Missiological Society will be holding its annual conference, October 4-5 in Orlando, Florida, with the Interdenominational Foreign Missions Association. Evangelical Ministries to New Religions has been asked to plan a track of presentations on mission to new religions. Want to submit ideas? Contact John at Watchman Fellowship for the details,
or call (in the USA or via Net2PHone)
7) GREAT NEWS SITE — Looking for a great spot on the web to get news to compare to cnn.com? Judy suggests trying
She’s right. It’s *full* of searchable news. Thanks Judy!
8) USE YOUR VOCATION TO REACH THE NATIONS — Here are 2 free 1/2-day Tentmaking Seminars in the Chicago Area, Feb 9 and Feb 16. You’ll discover how to: Use your skills in missions; Integrate work and witness; Find a job overseas; Prepare to be effective. Register at
Saturday 9am – 1pm (coffee from 8:30 am) Feb 9th at Naperville Evangelical Covenant Church or Feb 16th at Wheaton College, Armerding Hall. The seminars are presented by Global Opportunities.
9) TAKE PART IN “PRAYWORLD 2002” — An International Prayer Council has designated the coming Lenten Season (Ash Wednesday, February 13, to Palm Sunday, March 24) as “PrayWORLD!02” – 40 DAYS OF GLOBAL PRAYER FOR THE GREAT COMMISSION OF CHRIST. A 40-day Prayer Calendar in English is available on internet
http://www.prayworld.org . Translations are expected soon in Chinese, Korean, Spanish, and Tagalog. Everyone worldwide is invited to translate and distribute the Calendar widely. A 64-page calendar booklet, “Seek God for the City,” can be ordered from
http://www.waymakers.org . Cost is $2.00 each, with significant quantity discounts.