In this issue….
- FINALLY CAUGHT UP
- A WEALTH OF LEAST REACHED PEOPLES DATA
- READ GENERAL LEAST REACHED PEOPLES INFORMATION
- SEE THE ORIGINAL JOSHUA PROJECT LIST
- DIGEST THE NEW JOSHUA PROJECT II ALL PEOPLES LIST
- THE NEXT PHASE OF THE JOSHUA PROJECT II WEBSITE
- RELIGION-IN-THE-AMERICAS (RITA) WEBSITE LAUNCHED
- COMPILING A LIST OF ALL FEEDING PROGRAMS
- NEW RESOURCE FOR REACHING MUSLIMS
- MORE ON COMMUNICATING WITH MUSLIMS
- CALLING CHURCH WEBMASTERS
- WHERE DOES ONE LEARN SPANISH ONLINE?
- CLOSING STUFF
FINALLY CAUGHT UP
A WEALTH OF LEAST REACHED PEOPLES DATA
READ GENERAL LEAST REACHED PEOPLES INFORMATION
SEE THE ORIGINAL JOSHUA PROJECT LIST
DIGEST THE NEW JOSHUA PROJECT II ALL PEOPLES LIST
THE NEXT PHASE OF THE JOSHUA PROJECT II WEBSITE
- Making the data in the downloadable files available interactively on- line. This will allow, for example, a country can be selected and all the peoples in that country will be displayed. Then selecting a people, a people profile will be displayed including non-sensitive work-among information.
- An on-line more automated survey mechanism.
- A location to log your mission activity by linking your mission organization / church / denomination with a particular people group. This will be a web-based database, eventually with pre-made and user- defined queries allowing datasets such as the top 25 least reached groups, the 20 peoples most needing adoption, the largest groups without the Scriptures.
Thanks loads to Dan and the others at JP II. This could end up making a very significant contribution to the Cause. (Thanks, too, for those helping them make a go at this… like Caleb Project!!! Yahooo!)
RELIGION-IN-THE-AMERICAS (RITA) WEBSITE LAUNCHED
COMPILING A LIST OF ALL FEEDING PROGRAMS
NEW RESOURCE FOR REACHING MUSLIMS
MORE ON COMMUNICATING WITH MUSLIMS
CALLING CHURCH WEBMASTERS
WHERE DOES ONE LEARN SPANISH ONLINE?
TO SUBSCRIBE — To subscribe to BRIGADA TODAY, send email to email@example.com.
TO UNSUBSCRIBE — Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Subject and text are ignored.)
IF IT DOESN’T WORK — Write Don & Judy, our Customer Services Managers at email@example.com. Yahooooo for volunteers!!!
COPYRIGHT — This issue of Brigada Today is Copyrighted © 2001. However, permission is granted to freely redistribute these materials, including those available through email autoresponders, provided that such redistribution is to those who will help the Good News of Christianity to reach the unreached. But please include this phrase: “For a free subscription of Brigada‘s weekly missions publication, write firstname.lastname@example.org>.”
IMPORTANT: To copy or reproduce Brigada Today for any other reason is illegal and is not permitted.
DISCLAIMER — Please note that there’s no way we can possibly screen all the text on all the web sites or items we recommend. We try to check them out first… but if we miss something, please don’t assume that the opinions on those sites are identical to those of the Brigada family of networks. “Eat the corn, leave the cob!”
For subscription questions or problems, write email@example.com.
SUBMITTING CONTENT — To submit content or ideas to Brigada Today, first please get a copy of “Guidelines for submitting items to Brigada” Then, once you’ve composed your item in keeping with those guidelines, send your item for Brigada Today to DLucas@teamexpansion.org.
Emphasis is placed on items relating to unreached peoples and challenges faced by those reaching them cross-culturally.
PLEASE DON’T SUBSCRIBE US TO YOUR LIST — It’s always better to ask before manually force-adding anyone to your list-serve or mailing list. Recently, tons of well-meaning people have been subscribing Doug to their lists. Since he often travels overseas, he doesn’t join many of those, for obvious reasons (like being charged big-time for overseas access). So as a general rule, please don’t bulk-mail us! See the note above if you’d like to submit items for Brigada Today. Thanks for understanding. Bottom line: We will never create Brigada Today items from bulk mail. Bulk mail gets deleted immediately — sorry. Nothing personal. We suggest you apply the same standard to everyone. Ask first!
WARNING ABOUT FORWARDING EMAILS — Please, before forwarding any kind of request (even if it says “please send this to all your friends”), please check to make sure it has a VERIFIABLE ORIGIN, a VERIFIABLE PURPOSE, and a VERIFIABLE CLOSURE (OPC). By following this simple approach, many “email viruses” could be nipped in the bud… at least in the Brigada family. More information about the full Brigada OPC protocol is available. Thank you.
BRIGADA TODAY IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE FOLLOWING TEAM OF REGULAR VOLUNTEERS:
- Global Glimpses: John Hanna, Caleb Project, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brigada Website: Bob Mayhew, WebServant@brigada.org
- Brigada Customer Service Manager: email@example.com
- Brigada Coordinator: Doug Lucas, Team Expansion & Brigada, DLucas@teamexpansion.org
- and many other occasional contributors too numerous to mention!
- But thanks for working together! That’s the dream of Brigada!