News and Notes about Brigada, Your Gateway to Missions Networking!
Now with over 900 Participants!
[Pass this issue to a friend! To subscribe, see instructions at end.]
Visit Brigada on WorldWide Web: http://www.xc.org/brigada/brigada.html
- ONE MORE CITY TO CROSS!
- PROJECT JOSHUA UNFOLDS
- ANOTHER ADDITION TO THE “GOTTA GET THERE” DEPARTMENT
- “BUT HOW DO I SEND A WORD PROCESSING FILE THROUGH THE INTERNET?!!!”
- PRAY FOR SOUTH AFRICAN START-UPS
- WANT FRESH NEWS ABOUT CHINA?
- WE GET MAIL
- GLOBAL GLIMPSE
- YOU COULD BE READING THE KAZAKH PARTNERSHIP NEWSLETTER!
ONE MORE CITY TO CROSS!
There’s just one problem. We’re missing someone! David also wrote of a one particular city with no prayer journeys scheduled. And Mark Wilson of CBN, a co-coordinator for the 100 Gateway Cities Prayer campaign, wrote, “On our monthly committee conference call this past Wednesday, Beverly [Pegues, of the Christian Information Network,] updated us on the prayer teams going to the Gateway Cities. She reported that Beirut, Lebanon, is the only Gateway City that does not have a team registered to do on-site prayer. The inability of U.S. citizens to get a visa because of the State Department’s discouraging travel there obviously has prevented Americans from visiting Beirut. However, Europeans and others can get in with no problem. Could you announce on Brigada our need to have a team(s) go to Beirut? If anyone out there is planning to go but is uncommitted, or is waiting for God to speak, well, he’s speaking. “Go to Beirut!” Beverly and Ted want to emphasize the sensitivity of Americans going into Beirut and that this is not for novices. Preferably non-Americans should go. Thanks for getting the word out.”
So…. here’s where we get down to it, gang. Who among us knows someone that is already traveling to Beirut? Would they consider dedicating a portion their journey to prayer? And since we’re just 20 days away (and desperate! ), who among us knows someone already in Beirut!?! Would they be willing to dedicate a portion of their time there? If so, contact Beverly at CIN: Phone (719)522-1040. Fax (719)576-2685. Email email@example.com Colorado Springs.
PROJECT JOSHUA UNFOLDS
- Complete the Field Research of the 2000 least evangelized peoples by April 1997
- Hold GCOWE follow-on gatherings for Country and Track Coordinators, Mega-church pastors, mission executives, students, etc.
- Call over 30-50 million Christians to join in the “Praying Through the Window II event in October 1995 for the 100 Gateway Cities
- Call over 50 million to participate in prayer for the 2000 Least Evangelized Peoples in “Praying Through the Window III” in October 1997.
- Prepare and deploy the ground force of church planters
- Form a ministry Partnership for each Unreached People, bringing together different efforts in a synergistic, integrated approach.
ANOTHER ADDITION TO THE “GOTTA GET THERE” DEPARTMENT
“BUT HOW DO I SEND A WORD PROCESSING FILE THROUGH THE INTERNET?!!!”
get brigada uuexe521.bat
Uuexe521.bat will come wondering into your email inbasket soon. Just save it as an ascii file, then execute it as if it were a batch file. It works! This file comes complete with all the instructions you’ll need. Warning: As with all software, make sure it works before you leave for an overseas position!
PRAY FOR SOUTH AFRICAN START-UPS
WANT FRESH NEWS ABOUT CHINA?
WE GET MAIL
Source: National & International Religion Report, 9/4/95
YOU COULD BE READING THE KAZAKH PARTNERSHIP NEWSLETTER!
Once you receive your welcome message, send another message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following line:
get Brigada-peoples-kazakh kazakh-partnership.9509
Have a great week!
TO SUBSCRIBE TO BRIGADA TODAY, send email to email@example.com only the following words in the text of the message body:
TO UNSUBSCRIBE TO BRIGADA TODAY (Horrors!!! Perish the thought!), just say:
BRIGADA TODAY IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE FOLLOWING TEAM OF REGULAR VOLUNTEERS:
- Global Glimpses: John Hanna, Caleb Project, firstname.lastname@example.org
- ADVANCE: Mark A. Kelley, Kainos Press, email@example.com
- Web Wizard: Bob Mayhew, Brigada Volunteer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Art: Patti Mayhew, c/o email@example.com
- Technical Development: Jonathan Marsden, CrossConnect firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compiler: Doug Lucas, Team Expansion & Brigada, DLucas@TeamExpansion.org
- and many other occasional contributors too numerous to mention! But thanks for working together! That’s the dream of Brigada!