In this issue…
1) YOUR PRAYERS FOR ZAMBIA SOUGHT
2) GRADUATE SEMINARY TRAINING IN BUDAPEST
3) TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE
4) ARISE SHINE MOROCCO
5) TESOL SCHOOL U. OF N. KONA, HI
6) THEOLOGICAL EDUCATION IN EUROPE
7) FREE “PEOPLE RAISING” FUNDRAISING E-MAIL NEWSLETTER
8) SHORT-TERM MINISTRY SEMINAR
9) MEDICAL INSURANCE FOR OVERSEAS MISSIONARIES
10) THE BACK PAGE: EMERGENCY RESPONSE PLANS
11) CLOSING STUFF
1) YOUR PRAYERS FOR ZAMBIA SOUGHT — HCF would like you to be part of the Intercessor’s database in Zambia who will be praying for people in the Healthcare field (Nurses, Doctors and all paramedics and their patients) for salvation. A database for intercessors is being developed. For details contact the Chairman, Kedrick or or ring the Chairman on Cell: 260-96-788463.
2) GRADUATE SEMINARY TRAINING IN BUDAPEST — Make plans now to come to Budapest for a time of instruction, practical training, and spiritual renewal within the context of genuine Christian fellowship. Columbia International University, invites you to its new graduate-level educational extension site in Budapest, Hungary. If you are looking to further your education (earn an MA without leaving Europe!), gain ministry skills, and develop your spiritual walk, come to Budapest. In just 2 weeks, you’ll earn 3 semester credits toward a master’s degree. The initial intensive class will be held January 7-18, 2002 and perhaps there’s still time for you to get in on that class… however… if you’re interested, you’d better inquire *immediately*. Dr. Doug McConnell, the international director of Pioneers International, will be teaching “Foundations of Leadership”. For more information and an application e-mail .
3) TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE — In the light of recent tragic events insure your domestic and/or international trip against everything from luggage that never arrives to planes that never leave. Coverage is for trip cancellation, interruption, delay, lost baggage, medical evacuation, flight accident, medical, 24hour AD&D coverage. Apply online at http://www.onlinetripinsurance.com . For international health insurance contact or call 480/813-9100; Toll free in USA: 866/636-9100. Check out http://www.gninsurance.com .
4) ARISE SHINE MOROCCO – Efforts are well underway to launch Arise Shine Morocco (ASM), an International Year of Prayer for Morocco and Its Peoples in 2002. Volunteer coordinators and translators are still needed. A website is now up and running in five languages. Full-color English-language brochures are available for mass distribution. A nearly hour-long ASM Resource Video containing seven short videos about Morocco and its peoples including one for children has been produced in both NTSC and PAL formats. The 64-page “52 Weeks of Prayer for Morocco and Its Peoples” prayer guide is now available. Bulk orders should be placed as soon as possible. For more information or to order materials please go to the ASM website at:
http://www.interum.org/ASM or email ASM at: .
5) TESOL SCHOOL U. OF N. KONA, HI — The next TESOL Course ( Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages )will be held at the University of the Nations – Kona beginning Feb. 18, 2002. This course will equip you to teach English & open doors for you anywhere in the world you are led to go. This is a four week academic curriculum with a two week practicum following immediately. The exact schedule is from Feb. 18th to Mar. 29th, 2002. For more information & applications contact
6) THEOLOGICAL EDUCATION IN EUROPE — Living in Europe and no time to travel to the US for continued education? Here’s your chance to get 1 Course in 2 Weeks for 3 Credit Hours. Here’s a Graduate level two-week intensive course on “World Church Growth” taught in English!
Where: German Branch of Columbia Biblical Seminary and School of Missions at Korntal (near Stuttgart, Germany)
When: January 7 – 18, 2002
What: MIS 6080 World Church Growth with Dr. Craig Ott (Dean at Korntal, 18 years experience as a cross-cultural church planter)
Cost: EUR375 for the three semester hour course; Room and Board: EUR124 per week. For further information contact Mrs. Carmen Crouse .
7) FREE “PEOPLE RAISING” FUNDRAISING E-MAIL NEWSLETTER — Now there is practical advice on fundraising each month through the FREE “People Raising” E-mail newsletter. Whether raising personal support or organizational funds, each newsletter is designed to help reduce the fear as well as dramatically reduce the time needed to raise funds. Advice comes from William Dillon, author of People Raising: A Practical Guide To Raising Support, who has been raising funds for ministry for over 30 years. To begin receiving these valuable newsletters go to http://www.PeopleRaising.com/email.cfm or e-mail .
8) SHORT-TERM MINISTRY SEMINAR — Registrations are now being accepted for the 5th Annual Short-Term Ministry Leaders Training Seminar conducted by COMMIT Ministries and Gateway Mission Training Center, April 25-27 in Honolulu, Hawaii. This is a 3-day intensive interactive training seminar that provides each participant with proven, cutting-edge methods and information; everything needed to implement an effective short-term ministry program or augment existing programs. The seminar will be held in the Penthouse at the Outrigger Waikiki Surf Hotel; cost is only $199 which includes materials and tuition. Other short-term ministry resources will be made available including an on-site interactive training tool that has been tested and proven in the field as well as a privately published team leaders debriefing manual. A special 3 night and meal package is available at a cost of $199 (double occupancy) and low cost airfare is available through COMMIT Ministries Travel. Contact Greg or Ray for registration materials or more information by e-mail: . email@example.com>
9) MEDICAL INSURANCE FOR OVERSEAS MISSIONARIES — Global Mission Medical Insurance SM is designed for individuals or families not covered by an international group medical plan. Coverage is worldwide for non-US. Citizens and for U.S. Citizens serving outside the USA (excepting furlough periods). GMMI SM includes a (US) $5,000,000 lifetime maximum with a full range of benefits and deductible choices. Also, group medical insurance is available for as few as 2 units through Mission Plus (MP+). To obtain additional information, please send an email message to Adams & Associates International SM at . Adams & Associates International SM is an independent insurance agency specializing in missionary insurance, exclusively since 1980.
10) THE BACK PAGE: EMERGENCY RESPONSE PLANS — Is your organization like ours? We see press releases about how important it is to do emergency response planning… so then we draw something up… but then years pass without its use… and everything gets out of date. If the events of Sept. 11th have taught us anything, they’ve taught us to be prepared for disasters beyond our imagination. No one in the FAA or FBI imagined the evil that could be carried out against the civilized world… until they saw it unfolding on their own office televisions. I guess… it’s time we dusted off those emergency response procedure instruction manuals again, eh? For us in Team Expansion, we’re going back to basics with simple stuff. We’ve had written instructions for all our teams now for 15 years… but few have actually implemented them. We don’t have fingerprint cards… or even data cards completed on every worker yet. But we’re about to re-start with new energy. My hunch is… there are many others feeling the same burden these days. May God grant us all mercy as we cautiously proceed forward.