In the July update, just published this month, the 24:14 leadership team published the following set of descriptions of how they were defining a CPM or DMM. Take a look:
What is a CPM/DMM Approach?
In the 24:14 coalition we view a Church Planting Movement (CPM) / Disciple Making Movement (DMM) approach is one in which:
1. There is awareness that only God can start movements. As disciples we can, however, follow biblical principles to pray, plant, and water the seeds that can lead to movement like those we see in Acts.
2. The focus is to make every follower of Christ a reproducing disciple rather than merely a convert.
3. Simple patterns are used which create frequent and regular accountability for both obeying what the Lord is speaking to each person and for them to pass it on to others in a loving environment. This requires a participative small-group approach.
4. Each disciple is equipped in comprehensive ways (such as interpreting and applying Scripture, a well-rounded prayer life, functioning as a part of the larger Body of Christ, and responding well to persecution/suffering) in order that they might function not merely as consumers, but as active agents of Kingdom advance.
5. Each disciple is given a vision both for reaching their relational network and for extending the Kingdom to the ends of the earth with a prioritization on the darkest places (with a “no place left” mentality – Rom. 15:23). They are equipped to be able to minister and partner with others in the Body of Christ in both of these environments.
6. Reproducing churches are intentionally formed as a part of the process of multiplying disciples. The intent in CPM/DMM approaches is that 1) disciples, 2) churches, 3) leaders and 4) movements can multiply endlessly by the power of the Spirit.
7. Emphasis is not on the specific model of CPM/DMM used, but on the underlying biblical principles of multiplying kingdom movements.
24:14 often uses “CPM” as an all-encompassing term to refer to movements, but endorses both CPM and DMM as legitimate terms to describe the same process and believes there are many movement approaches and variations that work effectively depending on the cultural context.
So now we know how 24:14 defines it. Is this what you were expecting? Please write a note explaining your opinion on these features and others. Just click into the comments for this item following the web or app version of this item and write away. Thanks in advance for your comments.