In this issue…
1. UNREACHED PEOPLES CONSULTATION
2. NEED A WEBSITE? SERVING HIM? THIS COMPANY PLEDGES IT FOR FREE
3. INTEGRATED AGRICUTURAL SYSTEMS COURSE
4. INTERNATIONAL MISSIONS TRIP FOR FAMILIES
5. NEW CHILDREN’S BIBLE STUDY
6. FOR TESL FOLKS, FIND OUT WHICH WORDS ARE IN USE
7. ALSO FOR TESL-ERS, RADIO IN 8 LANGUAGES
8. BOOT CAMPS FOR PERSONAL SUPPORT RAISING
9. RESOURCE TO ENCOURAGE MISSIONARIES
10. MISSION-CHALLENGE MUSIC
11. SHORT TERM MISSION TRIP PLANNING HELP
12. INTERESTED IN A YEMEN PRAYER GUIDE?
13. FESTIVAL DC
14. HELP GET BRIGADA OUT THE DOOR
15. CLOSING STUFF
1. UNREACHED PEOPLES CONSULTATION — It’s not too late to get in on the unreached peoples consultation scheduled for March 14-17, staged by AFMA in partnership with AIMS, CBN and Regent University, entitled “Breakthrough Among Muslims” at Regent University in Virginia Beach, VA. Learn from speakers who have ministered successfully in the Muslim world and develop strategies on how you can be involved. This is your last chance to register for this important consultation. For a complete schedule and speaker biographies, visit AFMA on the web at http://www.theafma.org. To request a brochure or to secure your registration, call AFMA at (757) 226-5850 or send an email to afma(at)aims-usa(dot)org [As a means of preventing spam for our contributors, in the preceding email address(es), please replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .]
2. NEED A WEBSITE? SERVING HIM? THIS COMPANY PLEDGES IT FOR FREE — Bill is a website developer and hoster who makes it his ministry to offer free website development, design and hosting for “those serving Him”. He says he provides “information architecture, graphic design, and internet technology consulting”. Check him out at: http://www.setlinc.com/ (As is the case with many offers published in Brigada, we don’t have a personal relationship, nor any experience with SetLinc. But that doesn’t stop us from passing along the opportunity for you to check out.)
3. INTEGRATED AGRICUTURAL SYSTEMS COURSE — Now’s the final chance to register for the “Integrated Agricultural Systems” held at Camp Living Water, Bryson City, NC, March 7 -11. It will be a great time of learning and fellowship with those who are interested in an effective helps ministry of combining fish and vegetable production. As a learning tool, each attendee will be given an opportunity to construct a highly productive, small-scale system from barrels. For more information , visit: http://www.aquacultureinternational.org .
4. INTERNATIONAL MISSIONS TRIP FOR FAMILIES — Youth With A Mission Orlando, FL is offering an international mission trip for families. This short 2 week outreach to Panama is designed with families in mind. Toddlers to teenagers will have worship, creative prayer for the nations, family times, and learn how share in God’s work along side their parents and even grandparents. Light construction, children’s ministry, and performing arts will highlight ministry times. Outreach is July 24 to August 6 and applications are due April 25. Includes a day at an Orlando theme park. Go to http://www.ywamorlando.org/kingskids.htm or email: kingskids(at)ywamorlando(dot)org [As a means of preventing spam for our contributors, in the preceding email address(es), please replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .] for more information or call 407-273-1667.
5. NEW CHILDREN’S BIBLE STUDY — Wycliffe Bible Translators and DiscipleLand (Through the Bible Publishers) teamed up to produce a new 12-week curriculum “My Volcano Adventure, Discovering the Bible’s Power”. In child-friendly terms, with an edge-of-your-seat adventure on the volcanic Philippine island of Mindanao, students learn weighty lessons like these: the Bible’s authority (inspiration, canonization, inerrancy); the Bible’s Message (OT Survey, NT Survey, how to navigate book/chapter/verse); the Bible’s Purpose (personal transformation, people from all nations will worship the Lord, the remaining Bible translation task). Every fourth page of the colorful student book (ages 6-9, or 9-12) covers modern-day processes, and challenges, of Bible translation. Every Leader’s Guide comes with a free CD from Wycliffe crammed full of audio, video, flash animation, photos, printable pdf supplements, and more. This study can be used for Sunday School, Home School, Christian School, and more. Browse http://www.DiscipleLand.com/va , phone 800.284.0158 or 970.484.8483, or as a last resort e-mail Mark at myeh(at)discipleland(dot)com . [As a means of preventing spam for our contributors, in the preceding email address, please replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .]
6. FOR TESL FOLKS, FIND OUT WHICH WORDS ARE IN USE — Thanks to Larry for bring to our attention … http://www.wordspy.com/ a secular website that lists and defines new words that are now in use in the USA.
7. ALSO FOR TESL-ERS, RADIO IN 8 LANGUAGES — Larry also pitched in info. on an internet Christian radio station available in 8 languages– http//:www.bbnradio.org (Thanks Larry!)
8. BOOT CAMPS FOR PERSONAL SUPPORT RAISING — The Boot Camp for Personal Support Raising is an intense two day training seminar to help Christian workers get to their ministry assignment quickly and fully funded. The participants prepare extensively and the seminar leader helps them to apply the tools and principles they learned during their preparation. Whether you are just starting out or are a veteran, God can use a Boot Camp to change your perspective and approach in this critical area where so many stumble and fall with doubts, fears, and questions. Check out their upcoming camps in all parts of the USA by logging on at… http://www.TheBodyBuilders.net
9. RESOURCE TO ENCOURAGE MISSIONARIES — A Bible study guide called, “Finding Strength for the Journey,” provides a tool for member care or personal encouragement. Author Janice Lemke drew from experiences as a missionary when writing this series of thirty studies that explores topics such as perseverance in hardship, dealing with depression, handling conflict, and benefit from trials. For Brigada readers, they’ve discounted the price to $5.00, plus shipping. There’s a bigger discount ($4.00 each) for orders of 20 or more. For more information contact cjlemke(at)cs(dot)com [Please replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .]
10. MISSION-CHALLENGE MUSIC — If you need good songs for your mission advocacy meetings, and think that 19th century missionary hymns have long since had their day, see what is available on the Internet Evangelism Day site – downloadable MP3s, lyrics, and sheet music. The page also links to free online evangelism-challenge drama scripts. http://ied.gospelcom.net/music.php (Thanks Tony!!!)
11. SHORT TERM MISSION TRIP PLANNING HELP — Pastor Kevin at Southway Community Church has developed an online planning tool for short term mission trips. MissionTripTools.com helps churches plan short term mission trips with experienced advice, free planning tools, links to information sources and suppliers, and products developed to prepare teams. http://www.missiontriptools.com or email kevin(at)missiontriptools(dot)com . [As a means of preventing spam for our contributors, in the preceding email address, please replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .]
12. INTERESTED IN A YEMEN PRAYER GUIDE? — It’s not available yet, but Caleb Project is preparing to publish a prayer guide for the peoples of Yemen. As much as possible they are trying to get purchase commitments up-front and by March 15. This will allow them to offer the prayer guides at just US$1 a copy, plus shipping. The booklets should be available by June 1, 2005. Know anyone who might be interested in pre- ordering 25, 50, 100 copies or more? A sample prayer guide is online at http://www.calebproject.org/userfiles/sikhpg.pdf For more information or to place a pre-publication order write to Marti at info(at)cproject(dot)com [As a means of preventing spam for our contributors, in the preceding email address(es), please replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .]
13. FESTIVAL DC — From Oct. 3 to Oct. 10, ’05, Delta Ministries International is partnering with the Louis Palau Association to bring teams to Washington DC to do saturation evangelism, prayer walking, restoring homes with Habitat for Humanity, medical needs and random acts of kindness. The two days of the DC Festival will include humanitarian needs, medical screening, sports areas, children’s games, Christian music, presentation of the gospel of Christ and much more. The registration deadline is June 2005. For more info email: ashers(at)deltaministries(dot)com [As a means of preventing spam for our contributors, in the preceding email address, please replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .] or log on at http://www.deltaministries.com
14. HELP GET BRIGADA OUT THE DOOR — If so, just click “sponsor” in the top menu (to use PayPal or a credit card), or just send a check payable to Team Expansion to: Team Expansion (Brigada secretary), 13711 Willow Reed Dr., Louisville, KY 40299. Thanks! As always, be sure to let us know if you’d like us to promote any particular service or ministry, or if you’d prefer your gift be anonymous.