- GOD BLESS THOSE WHO ARE HELPING MAKE ENDS MEET
- AVERT OUTLANDISH LONG DISTANCE
- LEARN CONVERSATIONAL ENGLISH
- INTENSIVE TRAINING FOR CROSS-CULTURAL SERVICE
- GO TO THE NATIONS…AS AN ENGLISH TEACHER
- COMPUTER VANDALS ARE GETTING EVEN MORE CLEVER
- CREATE TALKING BIBLES
- THE ZHUANG OF SOUTHERN CHINA
- TAKE PART IN “30-DAYS MUSLIM PRAYER FOCUS 2004”
- CLOSING STUFF
GOD BLESS THOSE WHO ARE HELPING MAKE ENDS MEET — We pray God’s richest blessings on those who are helping us provide for our Brigada- sponsored secretary. Missionary Training Service sent $30. We appreciate you! To learn more about their services, visit http://www.missionarytraining.org
Thanks, too, to Jeff & Gloria Gulleson, of Good Neighbor Insurance http://www.gninsurance.com for their tremendous help… a $100 gift! Yahooo! Check out their insurance offerings for overseas *and* home-based workers, and please tell them you heard about them on Brigada! And thanks to the anonymous giver who gave $50 this past week!
- AVERT OUTLANDISH LONG DISTANCE — A guy in our office just got hit with a $510 phone bill after calling his girlfriend, a humanitarian aid worker in Bosnia. We’d better do our homework before calling. His call was 100 minutes. That’s all it took to size-down their engagement ring. Learn how missionaries can save on international phone calls at https://brigada.org/phone.html (Sign up for long distance and they’ll also help Brigada cover the cost of our Brigada-sponsored secretary.)
- SHORT-TERM LEADER’S TRAINING IN HAWAII — Making plans for Spring yet? It’s not too early to sign up for the ServantPrep Short Term Mission Leader’s training April 7 – 9, 2005 in Honolulu, HI. This is a comprehensive, interactive session designed to teach any cross-cultural team leader how to prepare, lead, and debrief team members effectively so that short term experiences will result in long term passion and commitment to reach the nations. Download a brochure with all the cost and travel details at http://www.commitministries.org/STML_HI2005.pdf To get more information on the material contact Ray xctrainer(at)aol(dot)com . To register, send an e-mail to Greg at ucommit(at)juno(dot)com [As a means of preventing spam for our contributors, in the preceding email address(es), please replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .]
- LEARN CONVERSATIONAL ENGLISH — Do you know someone who wants to improve in English? Youth With A Mission in Lebanon PA USA is offering a 12 week course from January 10 until April 1, 2005. About 20 hours/week of classroom instruction, plus application opportunities, plus immersion in an international community with native-English speakers and others from around the world all contribute to a rich learning environment. Tuition of $2250 includes food and housing. See http://www.ywampa.org or e-mail ywampa(at)comcast(dot)net. [replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .].
- INTENSIVE TRAINING FOR CROSS-CULTURAL SERVICE — Their four-day intensive seminar provides the steps, stature and stamina for cross- culture work. Experienced field workers provide valuable teaching on a wide array of subjects which have helped people on all levels of preparedness to go, stay and succeed in God¹s call. The next training will be in Virginia from October 28-31, 2004. For details write to info(at)elijahcompany(dot)org. To apply to the mentorship network write to elijahcompany-mentorshipnetwork- subscribe(at)strategicnetwork(dot)org. Check out their web site at http://www.elijahcompany.org .
- GO TO THE NATIONS…AS AN ENGLISH TEACHER — Here’s a 4-week TESOL course in effective English teaching techniques, sponsored by Youth With A Mission in Lebanon PA USA. October 24 to November 19, 2004. Details, application forms, and alternate dates listed in website at http://www.ywampa.org. E-mail questions to ywampa(at)comcast(dot)net. [replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .].
- COMPUTER VANDALS ARE GETTING EVEN MORE CLEVER — Have you noticed how computer vandals are making it tougher and tougher on us? I remember a time… maybe as recently as 1 year ago… when I would tell my kids, “If, while browsing, you see a pop-up with option buttons like, ‘OK’ or ‘No thanks’, never click those buttons because they could actually install an “adware program” or even initiate a malicious script on your PC.” I would suggest, “Instead, close those pop-ups by clicking on the red ‘X’ in the upper right-hand corner of the box.” Well nowadays, I can no longer suggest that… because pop-up designers have become even more clever, designing boxes where even the red ‘X’ can now initiate program material that you didn’t desire. So how *do* you get rid of pop-up boxes for which you didn’t ask? My kids and I only know of one way: In Windows XP, press “ctrl-alt-delete”, then click on the “Task Manager”, click the “Applications” tab, scroll through the list of applications until you find the Internet Explorer application with the offensive “box”, click once on it, then choose “End Task” for that window. That’s now the only way to safely exit from a pop-up without giving some rascal a chance to take over your machine. If you regularly give your kids ideas on how to escape from harmful situations at school or on the street, teach them this safe computing practice too.
- CREATE TALKING BIBLES — There is presently a tremendous need for new personnel to become involved in the world-wide audio Scripture movement. Audio Scriptures International (ASI) in California is appealing to missionary-sending organizations to recruit and assign new short-term or long-term missionaries to work with them in producing and distributing Talking Bibles. ASI is prepared to teach both new and experienced missionaries how to use the Backpack Recording Studio to record translated Scriptures and turn them into TALKING BIBLES for non- readers around the world. For more information visit ASI’s website, http://www.audioscriptures.org or contact them via asi(at)audioscripures(dot)org [replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .]
- THE ZHUANG OF SOUTHERN CHINA — October 1st will begin a month long prayer emphasis for the over 17 million unreached Zhuang of Southern China. They are the largest people group in the world without a Bible in their own language. Each month on the first is a time of prayer and fasting on behalf of Zhuang, but in the month of October each year there is a special emphasis. This year there is a new, full color prayer guide “31 Days for the Zhuang” available. Please join us on October 1st for the October 1st 2004 Day Of Prayer for the Zhuang. To be added to the list of those who will take part, or to receive the new prayer guide, please write: zhuang(at)pobox(dot)com.
- TAKE PART IN “30-DAYS MUSLIM PRAYER FOCUS 2004” — Here’s an annual prayer guide and worldwide prayer focus on the Muslim world during Ramadan. This year it is from October 15 to November 13. There are both adult and “Just for Kids” printed guides in 42 languages. See the website for list. For the free daily email guide – subscribe at: 30- email@example.com For general enquiries, write 30-days(at)xodigo(dot)com Their international site with facts, figures, resources, testimonies and much more: http://www.30-days.net Español: 30 días de oración por el Mundo Musulmán: http://www.30-days.net/es/
Want to join the above donors in making possible a real secretary for Brigada? Just click “sponsor” in the top menu, or just send a check payable to Team Expansion to: Team Expansion (Brigada secretary), 13711 Willow Reed Dr., Louisville, KY 40299. Thanks! As always, be sure to let us know if you’d like us to promote any particular service or ministry, or if you’d prefer your gift by anonymous.