- YOU’VE GOT SPONSORS!
- THANKS TO STUDIO TEN AND OTHER PARTNERS
- GET YOUR OWN TOLL-FREE NUMBER
- CHECK OUT THIS LIST OF RESOURCE LINKS FOR MISSIONS!
- WILL THE CHINESE CHURCH COMPLETE THE GREAT COMMISSION?
- ESL INSTRUCTION
- SHORT TERM MISSION LEADERS SEMINAR
- NEED OUTSTANDING ETHNOGRAPHIC OR ARCHAEOLOGICAL MATERIAL?
- ORAL BIBLE NETWORK WORKSHOP PLANNED
- INNER MONGOLIAN ONLINE BIBLE
- CHECK OUT OUR GUIDELINES FOR EMAILED PRAYER LETTERS
- RESOURCE TO ENCOURAGE MISSIONARIES
- TONS OF RESOURCES TO MOBILIZE YOUR LOCAL CHURCH
- MISSIONS SONGS SEARCH
- CLOSING STUFF
- YOU’VE GOT SPONSORS! — Are you wondering why in the *world* are we “on time” with Brigada Today? Two big reasons: First, with the new Brigada Secretary you’ve helped us acquire, we’re finally getting the to do list chopped down to something more manageable!!! Yahooo! But there’s a second reason: After the way everybody has pitched in, we’d feel *guilty* if we *didn’t* deliver on time! :-) :-) :-) So… Here’s a great big thank-you to all Brigada sponsors, from the whole Brigada family!!! Recently, we received this note from the director of Gospel Recordings in Singapore: ” I always appreciate receiving Brigada and wonder what happens if it does not exist anymore? It provides me many useful info for networking and resources. Thanks to you and your team for the effort. I am sure many are blessed. D.L.” Well David, thank you for your encouragement and concern. I’m here to put your fears at rest. We’re definitely here to stay… and being galvanized and energized by a host of helpers who have kicked us in gear to get this ministry up and running on-time!!! :-)
- THANKS TO STUDIO TEN AND OTHER PARTNERS — Dan, from Studio TEN Ministries wrote today, “We are taking Jesus at his word from Matt. 24:14, recording the Gospel as a “Testimony to Every Nation” beginning with the languages of the unreached in the “closed” nations of S. Asia. We are following up the good news with Church planting among the same people groups, and we operate 2 children’s homes for children who have been rescued from dangerous situations. We want to thank Brigada for keeping us informed for these many years! Bless you as the Father meets every financial need to see this work continue! Your partner in building the Kingdom, Dan.” (Thanks for the $75 sponsorship!) Another Young Life Europe partner sent $100, a church-planter from Spain sent another $100, and two different Wycliffe workers from totally different locations sent in a total of $125. See the other anonymous sponsors at: https://brigada.org by clicking on “Sponsor” in the top line menu. And get this: One Brigada participant asked us to set up a “Subscribe” button there… so he could sponsor Brigada for $10 per month!!! Here’s an individual who is a member of Wycliffe Bible translators, who writes, “I have subscribed to Brigada for a number of years and it is still one of my favorite emails to receive, what with all the missions encouragement, information and helpful hints. So I decided to donate $5 a month (the price of a McDonald’s Value Meal) for the cause of the Brigada secretary. I’ll do it via PayPal. If just 250 Brigada subscribers did the same, she (and therefore Doug) would be free to serve you better and still feed their kids an occasional burger too!” So now… that button is there for *anybody* to use! It works via PayPal and one can discontinue whenever. Thanks for the encouragement!
- GET YOUR OWN TOLL-FREE NUMBER — Get a US toll free number forwarded to any phone in the world with no setup fee and low international rates. Go to https://brigada.org/phone.html (Disclaimer: :-) Thanks to UTW for promising to give a gift to Brigada in the name of each and every new signer at that page!)
- CHECK OUT THIS LIST OF RESOURCE LINKS FOR MISSIONS! — Chris (Young Life Europe… a sponsor of Brigada, by the way!) has assembled a *wonderful* page of links for his staff…. and the whole Brigada family. Thanks for sharing with us, Chris! Check out his work at: https://brigada.org/articles/web-based_resources.html Those reading this Brigada Today on the web can just click on the link!
- WILL THE CHINESE CHURCH COMPLETE THE GREAT COMMISSION? — Here’s a new book, _Back to Jerusalem_, by Paul Hattaway (Author of Operation China). Napoleon once said “When China is moved it will change the face of the globe.” According to the author, today those words are becoming a reality through the powerful spiritual vision of the Chinese church to send 100,000 missionaries across China’s borders to complete the Great Commission, even in this generation! Hear Brother Yun, Peter Xu Yongze, and Enoch Wang — three Chinese house church leaders who between them have spent more than 40 years in prison for their faith — explain the history and present-day reality of the “Back to Jerusalem movement.” Gabriel Resources, the book’s distributor, offers discounts to individuals, missionaries, mission organizations and churches. Email email@example.com or call 1-8MORE-BOOKS (1-866-732-6657) toll-free in the USA & Canada or 706-554-1594.
- ESL INSTRUCTION — Improve your English listening and conversation skills by attending this three month language immersion course at the YWAM facility in Lebanon, Pennsylvania, USA. The next school is scheduled for April 4 through June 25, 2004. The organizers urge interested parties to apply now, since it takes more time to obtain a visa these days. For more information, see their website at http://www.ywampa.org or e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org .
SHORT TERM MISSION LEADERS SEMINAR — COMMIT Ministries is offering two, high quality, low-cost, 3-day seminars; one in Tampa Florida in the Winter (February 5-7, 2004), and another in Honolulu Hawaii, April 22-24, 2004. This joint training effort with Gateway Mission Training Center is in its 8th year and continues to offer a comprehensive, cutting-edge, intensive seminar to prepare Christians to lead short term ministry teams worldwide. Each participant will acquire everything necessary to develop or augment a thorough short term ministry program for their respective church or mission agency and gain the skills/knowledge necessary to effectively lead short-term ministry teams. For registration information, contact COMMIT Ministries email@example.com or visit their website at http://www.commitministries.org
NEED OUTSTANDING ETHNOGRAPHIC OR ARCHAEOLOGICAL MATERIAL? — Try the Yale “Human Relations Area Files” (“HRAF” at Yale U). These anthropological databases are ideal for research and teaching, especially for those researching either individual societies or conducting cross-cultural studies on particular subjects. And thanks to Jason (Brigada participant in Brazil), who has a contact at Yale named Christiane, we have an October password to try out the database! (Thanks Jason!) Just click to: http://ets.umdl.umich.edu/e/ehrafe eHRAF Archaeology: and type in the username: hraf then password: ho=&epow then press “login” after you type in username and password
For ideas on how to use this info, click on over to: http://www.yale.edu/hraf/teachingehraf.html. There are exercises, group presentations, short student papers, class syllabi, and lab and library assignments. Subject areas currently include general anthropology and archaeology, research and methods, and medical anthropology.
If you want to sign up long-term or need more info. on costs or entry, contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
- ORAL BIBLE NETWORK WORKSHOP PLANNED — Mark your calendars for January 20-22, 2004 for the Oral Bible Network Workshop to be held at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Ft. Worth, Texas. Details are being shaped, but this is *the* event with tracks being planned for those new to storying and for those familiar with storying. More than one dozen Great Commission Christian organizations are sponsoring this “summit”! Look for updates on http://www.oralbible.com
INNER MONGOLIAN ONLINE BIBLE — After Genesis (1991), the book of Psalms (1995), now the whole New Testament has been translated into Inner Mongolism vertical script as used by almost 6 Million Mongolians and Mongolian people groups in north China. 10,000 copies have been printed in August and an online Internet version is on its way http://www.mongolbible.com The online version is currently being programmed (a bit difficult due to the vertical script) and will hopefully be online before the month is out. Also, a PDF version of the 1156 pages book is in the making. For more details, email to email@example.com
The work took 14 years and since 1989 the number of Inner Mongolian believers grew considerably. Due to the sensitive location, the MUV team does not publish personal names.
- CHECK OUT OUR GUIDELINES FOR EMAILED PRAYER LETTERS — If you send out an emailed newsletter or prayer letter, you’ll want to check out Jonathan Kanner’s new compilation of “lessons learned”, by clicking over to: https://brigada.org/articles/e-prayer_letters.html Those reading this newsletter on the web can just click here! Jonathan does a great job of giving a ton of suggestions as to form, style, purpose, tips, and more! What a great service to our whole Brigada community!
- RESOURCE TO ENCOURAGE MISSIONARIES — A Bible study guide called, “Finding Strength for the Journey,” provides a tool for member care or personal encouragement. Author Janice Lemke drew from experiences as a missionary when writing this series of thirty studies that explores topics such as perseverance in hardship, dealing with depression, handling conflict, and benefit from trials. For Brigada readers, they’ve discounted the price to $5.00, plus shipping. There’s a bigger discount ($4.00 each) for orders of 20 or more. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- TONS OF RESOURCES TO MOBILIZE YOUR LOCAL CHURCH — Thanks loads to Amy, from Southern Indiana, who appealed to Brigada Today participants to share their top resources for church mobilization. She got help from other Brigada participants. The entire resource library is now listed at: https://brigada.org/articles/church_mobilization.html If you’re reading this edition of Brigada on the web, just click! (Thanks again Amy!)
- MISSIONS SONGS SEARCH — We are hoping to compile songs about missions (old & new) and since no one person can know all the missions related songs out there, we turn to Brigada readers. You know, that song you heard sometime ago and it made you think of either going to missions or just affirmed your calling. We’ve setup a webpage that will keep getting updated as long as submissions are coming in http://www.tentmakernet.com/songlist or send an email to email@example.com