- CHECK OUT THE BRIGADA SPONSORS!
- CHRISTIAN COMICS SEMINAR IN RUSSIA
- WE GET MAIL…
- CATCH YOUR TESOL COURSE NOW
- SUMMER MISSIONARY TRAINING SCHOOL IN COSTA RICA
- AQUAPONICS COURSE
- INTERNET EVANGELISTS NEEDED FOR WORLDWIDE INTERNET OUTREACH
- HINDUISM TRAINING INSTITUTE
- PRAYER JOURNEY OR TEACH YOUR SKILL AMONG UNREACHED PEOPLE GROUPS
- MUSIC TO REACH UNREACHED PEOPLE GROUPS
- WEB SITE FOR PREGNANT TRAVELERS
- MISSIONARY TRAINING CAMPS WITH ELIJAH COMPANY
- CHECK OUT THE BRIGADA SPONSORS! — Thanks so much for our three Brigada Sponsors so far in 2003. These folks are helping us lay the groundwork for hiring a Brigada Secretary someday! We invite you to check out their respective gifts, skills, organizations, and/or passions. This week, add Nate and Mark at: https://brigada.org/sponsor.html Want to become a Brigada Sponsor? We’ve got a ways to go! So just use PayPal or some other means to send your check (the amount of your choosing), then send in a note about the passion or organization you’d like promoted in Brigada Today. (By the way, so far 4 people have bought Integrity Online or its software by clicking through a Brigada link. That’s going to help too! Check Integrity Online out at: http://www.integrity.com/index.php?siteid=19955
- CHRISTIAN COMICS SEMINAR IN RUSSIA — COMIX35/ROX35 will be holding a 1-day introductory seminar on Writing and Drawing Comics at the Russian Baptist Center in Moscow on Saturday, April 5, 2003. All writers and artists are welcome. The instructors will be internationally known cartoonist/writer Nate Butler and local cartoonists Igor Kolgarev and Sasha Galkin. The course will be taught in English and Russian, with translation. Seating will be limited. Please contact Igor Kolgarev for more information, either by telephone: 358-15-11 (in Russian only) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org>. To learn more about the COMIX35/ROX35 training ministry, visit their web site at http://www.comix35.org or email them COMIX35@comix35.org>.
- WE GET MAIL… — Listen to this satisfied Brigada Today participant: “Thank you ever so much for accepting my submission for The Soul Winner’s Devotional. Because of your willingness to further the Kingdom of God, I have received more than 100 new subscribers (with I’m sure more coming)! I am now able to encourage missionaries and brothers and sisters in Christ from almost every continent of the world! Thank you again and may God continue to bless you and your ministry.” J.M.
- CATCH YOUR TESOL COURSE NOW — Here’s a TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) course to be offered through Youth With a Mission of Montana. The intensive 4-week course will be offered from July 27 thru August 23, 2003. Cost including books, tuition, and room & board is US $1,000. They will also connect you with full-time missionaries overseas for possible teaching positions. To download an application go to: http://www.ywammt.org or if you have questions, please email email@example.com>.
- SUMMER MISSIONARY TRAINING SCHOOL IN COSTA RICA — Emercy and Palmas de Mamre are partnering this summer to offer their 4th annual Missionary Training School. The school dates are June 3rd – August 3rd and the cost is $550, which covers everything except airfare. Students at the school will learn how to teach, preach, perform drama and mime, coordinate children’s ministry, administer medical treatment, and more. Additional information on the school is available at http://www.missionarytraining.net . If you wish to apply, please visit the website to download an application or call toll free from the US at 877-875-4483. International callers may call 205-657-5674 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- AQUAPONICS COURSE — Aquaponics interest is increasing globally in response to more emphasis on resource management and wholesome food production. It involves combining of aquaculture and hydro-ponics. These versatile systems are ideal for “helps ministries” in almost any geographical area. A practical course in Aquaponics will be held in Bryson City, NC,USA, June 16-20. For more information, contact Aquaculture International email@example.com> or 828-479-6294 (phone or fax). Specify if you are a missionary. Website: http//www.brwm.org/aquacultureinternationalinc . Aquaculture International is a nonprofit organization that honors Jesus Christ as Lord.
- INTERNET EVANGELISTS NEEDED FOR WORLDWIDE INTERNET OUTREACH — If you enjoy sharing your faith with others and helping people find a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, then Internet Pastors.com needs you. Over the Easter season the Gospel is going to be shared to over 10 million people. No experience necessary! They train everyone. For more information check out the Internet Pastors.com website at http://www.internetpastors.com/ipastors/html/static/join_team.html or email Pastor Todd firstname.lastname@example.org> by 3/10/2003.
- HINDUISM TRAINING INSTITUTE — The Hinduism Training Institute is designed to equip missionaries, campus workers and others with a vision for the Hindu world. The five day institute include such sessions as Understanding the Hindu Worldview, Strategies for effectively communicating the Gospel, Nurturing and discipleship of Hindu Believers,Contextualization of the Gospel for the Hindus and Finding resources on Hinduism. The Institute is offered at the premises of Mission Training International, Palmer Lake, Colorado, three times this year: May 4-9, August 24-29 and Sept 7-12..For further information log on to http://www.sitaronline.org or call MTI at 1 800 896-3710 or reach Natun Natun1219@msn.com> or tel. 719 963-3573.
PRAYER JOURNEY OR TEACH YOUR SKILL AMONG UNREACHED PEOPLE GROUPS — Join short-term teams who are serving long-term missionaries working among unreached people groups in restricted-access nations of the 10/40 Window. Central Asia, the Silk Road, Turkey, & N. Africa are ready to be impacted by your on-site prayers and practical help. The earliest application deadline is March 21, 2003. Email
or visit http://www.stemmin.org/share.shtml .
- MUSIC TO REACH UNREACHED PEOPLE GROUPS — Would you like to help a group develop indigenous Christian songs? Consider taking a week-long course at CIT in N. Carolina (May 19-23). The focus is on empowering a community to make culturally-appropriate Christian music, and to use it effectively in evangelism, worship, and church planting. You do not need to be a musician to benefit from this course, taught by Paul Neeley, ethnomusicology consultant for numerous mission agencies and schools. Some attention will be given to music of each student’s geographical interest. See http://www.citi.org> or write for information.
- WEB SITE FOR PREGNANT TRAVELERS –- Now there is a web site for pregnant travelers and expatriates. Remember the people who were doing research a couple of years ago on pregnant expatriates? That data is still being collated and prepared for publication. But meanwhile, they have opened a website devoted entirely to the subject of pregnancy and living/working/traveling overseas. It is The Pregnant Traveler at http://www.pregnanttraveler.com. (Note the American spelling; “traveler: has only one: “l”.) There’s tons of free advice, a forum to express your opinions, medical data for your doctor to browse, and they even (for a fee) will do personal consultation regarding your pregnancy. If you can’t access them via the Internet, their e-mail is email@example.com>.
- MISSIONARY TRAINING CAMPS WITH ELIJAH COMPANY — The Camps are a jump start for those called to missions whether short term or career. The tools offered are also helpful for senders, including church missions leaders, helping them to understand how to help those who are going. Topics cover a range of pertinent issues, alerting an individual of what they will need, be and do. The end result is a solid plan for pursuing the call and motivation for the same. Applications are now being accepted for the next three camps. The places and dates are: Virginia, April 3-6, 2003. Pennsylvania, April 24-27, 2003. Spain May 30-June 12, 2003. For more information write firstname.lastname@example.org> or call (757) 639-2906. Also see their web site at http://www.elijahcompany.org.
[Note: As of Dec., 2003, only six people had subscribed to Integrity Online. As of that date, that still wasn’t even enough to produce the first sponsorship check. :-( Not a very fruitful way to fund a Brigada secretary, unfortunately.]