- 1) PILAT COMES TO NORTH CAROLINA
- 2) A NEW BOOK ON INTERNATIOAL MISSIONARY CARE
- 3) NEED FREE IMAGES FOR YOUR NEXT POWERPOINT?
- 4) BIBLE COURSE ON THE INTERNET
- 5) HELP US BIG-TIME WITH FORMATTING ITEMS
- 6) FREE ARTICLES FOR MISSION USE
- 7) HOW ‘BOUT THAT SULFNBK.EXE “VIRUS”! :-)
- 8) TESOL TRAINING WITH PRACTICUM IN THE PHILIPPINES
- 9) …OR LEARN TESOL IN
- 10) …OR LEARN TESOL IN PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH COUNTRY
- 11) SHORT- AND LONG- TERM OPTIONS AMONG UNREACHED PEOPLES
- 12) SHARPEN YOUR INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- 13) CORRECTION ON EMERGENCY PLANS GUY
- 14) TRAIN AS A SHORT-TERM MINISTRY LEADER
- 15) FOR THOSE SHARING THE MESSAGE OF THE MESSIAH TO JEWS
- 16) RESOURCES FOR SHARING CHRIST DAILY
- 17) CROSSROADS DISCIPLESHIP TRAINING SCHOOL
- 18) REACH STREETCHILDREN AND CHILDREN IN NEED
- 19) CHRISTMAS WISH FROM THE BRIGADA FAMILY
- CLOSING STUFF
1) PILAT COMES TO NORTH CAROLINA
2) A NEW BOOK ON INTERNATIOAL MISSIONARY CARE
Edited by Dr. Kelly O’Donnell, _Doing Member Care Well_ is a compilation of articles and updates on how different organizations are providing member care around the world. Over 60 authors contributed to the book, from all over the world. It is being offered at a greatly reduced price until January 10, 2002. To see the cover, endorsements, contents, and the introduction, visit http://www.membercare.org . For more information contact the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org .
3) NEED FREE IMAGES FOR YOUR NEXT POWERPOINT?
The images there are updated frequently to reflect current events. Thanks for your work, Bill!
4) BIBLE COURSE ON THE INTERNET
“BibleKeys” is a dynamic 5-week course for new believers available free on the Internet at http://www.biblekeysonline.com . It works interactively, encouraging students to study and memorize the Scriptures for themselves. Chinese and Hindi are to be added shortly. It’s also available in printed form. Find out more by emailing info at biblekeysonline dot com (replace the “at” with @ and the “dot” with “.” and remove the spaces).
5) HELP US BIG-TIME WITH FORMATTING ITEMS
Every week, we spend *tons* of time reformatting items that well-meaning contributors send us in the wrong format. Some of these contain words that are incorrectly spelled, while others are just different than the normal way we prepare items. Rats. It could be *so* much easier if our contributing friends would simply take the time to work through our submission suggestions. Get a copy for yourself by sending an email to:
. It’s that simple. If everybody helped, this job would require tons less time. Thanks for understanding.
6) FREE ARTICLES FOR MISSION USE
7) HOW ‘BOUT THAT SULFNBK.EXE “VIRUS”! :-)
Have you been “hit” by the sulfnbk.exe “virus” yet? This thing is sweeping the Internet so fast, we don’t even know what’s hitting us! Here’s the way it works. Someone emails you and says… “Whew… this is serious; check your Windows folder now to see if you’ve got the dreaded sulfnbk.exe file. Yikes! It’s a virus! Erase it immediately.” So we go off deleting files on our computers without even verifying the purpose of the file! Yikes. My buddy and I joked that we could send the same message, except tell people to erase “Win.exe” or “Explorer.exe”. Can’t you hear it? “This Explorer virus automatically begins searching your hard drive for credit card numbers. Once it finds them, it emails them to an anonymous email address in Amsterdam. Dreadful. Erase it now.” Gang… when will we learn. Practically *all* the warnings we get — 99% of them — are hoaxes. Do yourself a favor and send an email to
8) TESOL TRAINING WITH PRACTICUM IN THE PHILIPPINES
9) …OR LEARN TESOL IN
WTO and the 2008 Beijing Olympics have heightened the existing desire of the Chinese people to learn English. Demand will increase over the next several years. Get a head start! Take your TESOL in China and stay to teach or go somewhere else in the world to teach. http://www.tesoltraining.com or email .
10) …OR LEARN TESOL IN PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH COUNTRY
:-) This must be annual TESOL week. :-) YWAM, Lebanon, PA is once again offering TESOL May 6 to May 31, 2002. Cost $950USD plus a $35.00 registration fee. This intensive and highly academic course will give you the ability and self confidence to teach the fundamentals of conversational English plus give you a job skill that opens doors to hard to enter countries. For information, call 717-274-9010 or e-mail
11) SHORT- AND LONG- TERM OPTIONS AMONG UNREACHED PEOPLES
Mission to Unreached Peoples has short- and long-term opportunities available to Japan, China, India, Russia, Poland and Turkey. The type of work in each country will vary depending on your giftings and the program. You will need to raise support to cover costs for airfare, food and lodging. Cost ranges from $1850-2950. Consider teaching English in China. All it takes is a bachelor’s degree in any field to be qualified to teach English. Those with teaching experience or a MA in TEFL or any English or Education field are especially needed. Many Chinese schools may provide room, board, salary, medical care and vacation allowance depending on your length of commitment. For more information, call Jeff at Mission to Unreached Peoples toll-free or via Net2Phone at 1-888-847-6950 or write to
12) SHARPEN YOUR INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
Biblically based, interactive workshops in relationship skills are available for anyone involved in missions. There are still openings in Colorado Springs February 25 to March 1, and in Southern California April 21-26. If you are interested in participating in one of these, or in any of the other SYIS workshops currently open in nine countries, go to the International Training Partners Web site at http://www.RelationshipSkills.com . For questions or to sponsor a workshop for your organization, contact email@example.com>
13) CORRECTION ON EMERGENCY PLANS GUY
If you tried to reach that emergency plans guy last week and your email bounced back, it’s because he inadvertently put an “org” on his email address (instead of .com). Guess he was trying to be more discrete. :-) Anyway.. let’s try this again… Brian works with a short-term sending missions agency and is looking for resources or even already written Emergency Response Plans. If you already have one — or resources for them — email them to Brian . He has agreed to compile a report and make it available to all Brigada readers in the future, via an autoresponder here on Brigada.
14) TRAIN AS A SHORT-TERM MINISTRY LEADER
There is still time to register for the 5th Annual Short-Term Ministry Leaders Training Seminar conducted by COMMIT Ministries and Gateway Mission Training Center, April 25-27 in Honolulu, Hawaii. This is a 3-day intensive interactive training seminar that provides each participant with proven, cutting-edge methods and information; everything needed to implement an effective short-term ministry program or augment existing programs. This seminar covers most all short-term issues including in depth pre-field training, team dynamics, on-site materials, and comprehensive debriefing. The seminar will be held in the Penthouse at the Outrigger Waikiki Surf Hotel; cost is only $199 which includes materials and tuition. Contact Greg or Ray for registration materials or more information .
15) FOR THOSE SHARING THE MESSAGE OF THE MESSIAH TO JEWS
Check out resources at http://www.howardmorganministries.org , especially the evangelism seminar, “Everyone Can Evangelize.” It has three 90-minute tapes and an illustrated workbook.
16) RESOURCES FOR SHARING CHRIST DAILY
If you’re looking for resources on how to share Christ as a daily part of your Christian life… including ideas that might apply *wherever* you live, check out:
http://www.sharechrist.org or contact Sharing Christ Ministries toll-free or via Net2Phone 1-800-467-0804 Pin #27, or email .
17) CROSSROADS DISCIPLESHIP TRAINING SCHOOL
This is scheduled for April 22, 2002, to July 12, 2002, followed by an 8 week outreach to Crimea Ukraine. Specifically designed for families and singles, this course offers men and women the opportunity to seek God’s will and be revitalized in their relationship to Him. Contact YWAM .
18) REACH STREETCHILDREN AND CHILDREN IN NEED
The Rescue and Restore Training Course (Children In Need) will prepare you! This YWAM course is offered in Recife-Brasil, April 7- August 30, 2002. It consists of 3 months theoretical teaching and 2 months practical work. The course will be held in two languages: English and Portuguese. Some of the subjects that will be covered are: Family ministries – Working with adolescences – Planning Projects – Community development – Abortion – Stages of child development – Rehabilitation programs for street children. For more info, write
19) CHRISTMAS WISH FROM THE BRIGADA FAMILY
Looking for *just* the right words to wish that special someone a merry Christmas? Well… if he or she speaks one of the following 33 languages, maybe you’re in luck! :-) Here’s a favorite Brigada feature on how to say “Merry Christmas”:
- Afrikaans – ‘n Geseende Kersfees en ‘n voorspoedige Nuwejaar
- Albanian — Gezuar Krishtlindje
- Arabic – I’D MIILAD SAID OUA SANA SAIDA
- Armenian – Shenoraavor Nor Dari yev Pari Gaghand
- Azeri – Tezze Iliniz Yahsi Olsun
- Basque – Zorionstsu Eguberri. Zoriontsu Urte Berri On
- Bengali – shuva boro din
- Bohemian – Vesele Vanoce
- Breton – Nedeleg laouen na bloavezh mat
- Bulgarian – Tchestita Koleda; Tchestito Rojdestvo Hristovo
- Celtic – Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda=13=DF
- Chinese –
- (Mandarin) Kung His Hsin Nien bing Chu Shen Tan
- (Catonese) Sing Daan Faai Lohk
- (Hong Kong) Kung Ho Hsin Hsi. Ching Chi Shen Tan
- Cornish – Nadelik looan na looan blethen noweth
- Cree – Mitho Makosi Kesikansi
- Croatian – Sretan Bozic
- Czech – Prejeme Vam Vesele Vanoce a stastny Novy Rok
- Danish – Gladelig Jul
- Dutch – Vrolijk Kerstfeest en een Gelukkig Nieuwjaar!
- English – Merry Christmas
- Esperanto – Gajan Kristnaskon
- Estonian – Roomsaid Joulu Puhi
- Farsi – Cristmas-e-shoma mobarak bashad
- Finnish – Hyvaa joulua
- French – Joyeux Noel
- Frisian – Noflike Krystdagen en in protte Lok en Seine yn it Nije Jier!
- German – Froehliche Weihnachten
- Greek – Kala Christouyenna!
- Hawaiian – Mele Kalikimaka
- Hebrew – Mo’adim Lesimkha. Chena tova
- Hindi – Bada Din Mubarak Ho
- Hungarian – Kellemes Karacsonyi unnepeket
- Icelandic – Gledileg Jol
- Indonesian – Selamat Hari Natal
- Iraqi – Idah Saidan Wa Sanah Jadidah
- Irish – Nollaig Shona Dhuit
- Italian – Buone Feste Natalizie
- Japanese – Shinnen omedeto. Kurisumasu Omedeto
- Kala – Khristougena kai Eftikhes to Neon Etos
- Korean – Sung Tan Chuk Ha
- Latvian – Priecigus Ziemas Svetkus un Laimigu Jauno Gadu
- Lettish – Priecigus Ziemassvetkus
- Lithuanian – Linksmu Kaledu
- Manx – Nollick ghennal as blein vie noa
- Maori – Meri Kirihimete
- Marathi – Shub Naya Varsh
- Navajo – Merry Keshmish
- Northern Sotho Matlhatse le matlhogonolo mo ngwageng o moswa.
- Norwegian – God Jul Og Godt Nytt Aar
- Pennsylvania German – En frehlicher Grischtdaag un en hallich Nei Yaahr!
- Papiamento – Bon Pasku i Felis Anja Nobo
- Pig Latin – Errymay ristmaskay nday appyhay ewnay earyay
- Polish – Wesolych Swiat Bozego Narodzenia
- Portuguese – Feliz Natal
- Rapa-Nui – Mata-Ki-Te-Rangi. Te-Pito-O-Te-Henua
- Romanian – Craciun Fericit
- Russian – Pozdrevlyayu s prazdnikom Rozhdestva i s Novim Godom
- Serbian – Hristos se rodi
- Slovakian – Sretan Bozic or Vesele vianoce
- Samoan – La Maunia Le Kilisimasi Ma Le Tausaga Fou
- Scottish – Nollaig Chridheil agus Bliadhna Mhath Ur
- Serbian – Hristos se rodi!
- Singhalese – Subha nath thalak Vewa. Subha Aluth Awrudhak Vewa
- Slovak – Vesele Vianoce. A stastlivy Novy Rok
- Slovene – Vesele Bozicne. Screcno Novo Leto
- Spanish – Feliz Navidad!
- Swahili – Krismasi Njema!
- Swedish – God Jul and (Och) Ett Gott Nytt Ar
- Tagalog – Maligayamg Pasko. Masaganang Bagong Taon
- Tamil – Nathar Puthu Varuda Valthukkal
- Thai – Sawat Dee Wan Kritsamas
- Turkish – Noeliniz Ve Yeni Yiliniz Kutlu Olsun
- Ukrainian – Srozhdestvom Kristovym
- Urdu – Bara Din Mubarak Ho
- Vietnamese – Chung Mung Giang Sinh
- Waray – Maupay nga Pasko ngan Mainuswagon nga Bag-o nga Tu-ig
- Welsh – Nadolig Llawen
- Zulu – Nginifisela inhlanhla ne mpumelelo e nyakeni.
“NODLAG SONA DHUIT”
“BLWYDDYN NEWYDD DDA”
“BUON NATALE-GODT NYTAR”
“HUAN YING SHENG TAN CHIEH”
“WESOLYCH SWIAT-SRETAN BOZIC”
“MOADIM LESIMHA-LINKSMU KALEDU”
“HAUSKAA JOULUA-AID SAID MOUBARK”
“‘N PRETTIG KERSTMIS”
“ONNZLLISTA UUTTA VUOTTA”
“Z ROZHDESTYOM KHRYSTOVYM”
“NADOLIG LLAWEN-GOTT NYTTSAR”
“FELIC NADAL-GOJAN KRISTNASKON”
“S NOVYM GODOM-FELIZ ANO NUEVO”
“GLEDILEG JOL-NOELINIZ KUTLU OLSUM”
“EEN GELUKKIG NIEUWJAAR-SRETAN BOSIC”
“KRIHSTLINDJA GEZUAR-KALA CHRISTOUGENA”
“SELAMAT HARI NATAL – LAHNINGU NAJU METU”
“SARBATORI FERICITE-BUON ANNO”
“ZORIONEKO GABON-HRISTOS SE RODI”
“BOLDOG KARACSONNY-VESELE VIANOCE “
“MERRY CHRISTMAS – – HAPPY NEW YEAR”
“ROOMSAID JOULU PUHI -KUNG HO SHENG TEN”
“FELICES PASUAS-EIN GLUCKICHES NEWJAHR”
“PRIECIGUS ZIEMAN SVETKUS SARBATORI VESLLE”
“BONNE ANNEBLWYDDYN NEWYDD DDADRFELIZ NATAL”