In this issue….
- MISSIONARY CRISIS MANAGEMENT MATERIALS
- OXFORD MA IN COMMUNICATION PRACTICE
- STRESS MANAGEMENT
- OPERATION WORLD CD CORRECTION
- IMPROVED OPERATION WORLD WEB LINKS
- OPERATION WORLD WANTS YOU!
- WANNA’ HELP WITH AN INTERNET SECURITY SURVEY?
- MUSIC TO REACH UNREACHED PEOPLE GROUPS
- “COUNTRY NETWORK” MISSION DOMAINS
- CLOSING STUFF
MISSIONARY CRISIS MANAGEMENT MATERIALS
OXFORD MA IN COMMUNICATION PRACTICE
OPERATION WORLD CD CORRECTION
IMPROVED OPERATION WORLD WEB LINKS
or using the “For updated links, see . . .” links at the bottom of the Internet Links pages on the OW CD-ROM. From any country web site update page, click “Web Sites” on the Table of Contents to see the World and subject-related sites.
OPERATION WORLD WANTS YOU!
WANNA’ HELP WITH AN INTERNET SECURITY SURVEY?
- What is your role in missions?
- How important for you is internet security in missions?
- What security measures do you take in getting information to your counterparts around the world?
- What ways do you protect the sending and receiving of information?
- How do you handle emails with those in secure countries/regions?
- What and/or is your biggest security threat?
- In what ways has your security been breached in the past?
- How did you deal with that breech?
- How is publicity of your organization done using the Internet? i.e. in regard to websites or other.
- Are you concerned with the names of domains and/or email addresses associated with your organization?
- Any other comments you have about internet security and missions.
If we participate, he’ll report about the outcome of the survey here on Brigada! Just email your response to: firstname.lastname@example.org To qualify, make sure you email the response within 7 days of receiving this Brigada Today! Thanks!
MUSIC TO REACH UNREACHED PEOPLE GROUPS
Sorry the notice is short… but we’re hoping that if you can’t make the 10/29 class, maybe you can shoot for the April version!
“COUNTRY NETWORK” MISSION DOMAINS
TO SUBSCRIBE — To subscribe to BRIGADA TODAY, send email to email@example.com.
TO UNSUBSCRIBE — Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Subject and text are ignored.)
IF IT DOESN’T WORK — Write Don & Judy, our Customer Services Managers at email@example.com. Yahooooo for volunteers!!!
COPYRIGHT — This issue of Brigada Today is Copyrighted © 2001. However, permission is granted to freely redistribute these materials, including those available through email autoresponders, provided that such redistribution is to those who will help the Good News of Christianity to reach the unreached. But please include this phrase: “For a free subscription of Brigada‘s weekly missions publication, write firstname.lastname@example.org>.”
IMPORTANT: To copy or reproduce Brigada Today for any other reason is illegal and is not permitted.
DISCLAIMER — Please note that there’s no way we can possibly screen all the text on all the web sites or items we recommend. We try to check them out first… but if we miss something, please don’t assume that the opinions on those sites are identical to those of the Brigada family of networks. “Eat the corn, leave the cob!”
For subscription questions or problems, write email@example.com.
SUBMITTING CONTENT — To submit content or ideas to Brigada Today, first please get a copy of “Guidelines for submitting items to Brigada” Then, once you’ve composed your item in keeping with those guidelines, send your item for Brigada Today to DLucas@teamexpansion.org.
Emphasis is placed on items relating to unreached peoples and challenges faced by those reaching them cross-culturally.
PLEASE DON’T SUBSCRIBE US TO YOUR LIST — It’s always better to ask before manually force-adding anyone to your list-serve or mailing list. Recently, tons of well-meaning people have been subscribing Doug to their lists. Since he often travels overseas, he doesn’t join many of those, for obvious reasons (like being charged big-time for overseas access). So as a general rule, please don’t bulk-mail us! See the note above if you’d like to submit items for Brigada Today. Thanks for understanding. Bottom line: We will never create Brigada Today items from bulk mail. Bulk mail gets deleted immediately — sorry. Nothing personal. We suggest you apply the same standard to everyone. Ask first!
WARNING ABOUT FORWARDING EMAILS — Please, before forwarding any kind of request (even if it says “please send this to all your friends”), please check to make sure it has a VERIFIABLE ORIGIN, a VERIFIABLE PURPOSE, and a VERIFIABLE CLOSURE (OPC). By following this simple approach, many “email viruses” could be nipped in the bud… at least in the Brigada family. More information about the full Brigada OPC protocol is available. Thank you.
BRIGADA TODAY IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE FOLLOWING TEAM OF REGULAR VOLUNTEERS:
- Global Glimpses: John Hanna, Caleb Project, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brigada Website: Bob Mayhew, WebServant@brigada.org
- Brigada Customer Service Manager: email@example.com
- Brigada Coordinator: Doug Lucas, Team Expansion & Brigada, DLucas@teamexpansion.org
- and many other occasional contributors too numerous to mention!
- But thanks for working together! That’s the dream of Brigada!