In this issue….
- PEOPLETEAMS KEEPS ON GROWING
- “LÁMPARA” FOR THEIR FEET
- FREE EMAIL THAT SUPPORTS MISSIONS IN ASIA
- DISCOUNTS NOW AVAILABLE FOR UPGRADES TO LOGOS SERIES X
- INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNISED TESOL TRAINING
- GET YOUR GUIDE TO THE HEART OF GOD
- LET’S WATCH OUR METAPHORS
- WEBWATCH: HAVE A LOOK AT “POWER TO CHANGE”
- PRAYER FOR MISSIONS
- CLOSING STUFF
PEOPLETEAMS KEEPS ON GROWING
|Path to Directory||Hits||Visitor Sessions|
“LÁMPARA” FOR THEIR FEET
FREE EMAIL THAT SUPPORTS MISSIONS IN ASIA
DISCOUNTS NOW AVAILABLE FOR UPGRADES TO LOGOS SERIES X
INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNISED TESOL TRAINING
GET YOUR GUIDE TO THE HEART OF GOD
LET’S WATCH OUR METAPHORS
- Metaphors are potent in shaping thought and compelling action. “Warfare” metaphors and terminology have been misused in Christian mission communications.
- People are responding to the call to glorify God among the nations, follow Christ into servanthood and sacrifice, and lift up the downtrodden to a life of great purpose and meaning. These are themes around which we need to develop metaphors to summon God’s people to God’s mission.
- The new dynamics of globalization and instant global electronic information technologies are rapidly changing the context of our communication. The world will read or hear whatever we say. The group closed by summarizing, “We desire to honor God and glorify Him as we engage in communicating His love to the peoples of the earth. Where reflection on our words has revealed less than Christlike attitudes or circumstances where we have unintentionally hurt others, we are eager to repent, apologize, and do better.”
We’ll try to follow their recommendations here — and suggest others do also.
WEBWATCH: HAVE A LOOK AT “POWER TO CHANGE”
PRAYER FOR MISSIONS
TO SUBSCRIBE — To subscribe to BRIGADA TODAY, send email to email@example.com.
TO UNSUBSCRIBE — Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Subject and text are ignored.)
IF IT DOESN’T WORK — Write Don & Judy, our Customer Services Managers at email@example.com. Yahooooo for volunteers!!!
COPYRIGHT — This issue of Brigada Today is Copyrighted © 2001. However, permission is granted to freely redistribute these materials, including those available through email autoresponders, provided that such redistribution is to those who will help the Good News of Christianity to reach the unreached. But please include this phrase: “For a free subscription of Brigada‘s weekly missions publication, write firstname.lastname@example.org>.”
IMPORTANT: To copy or reproduce Brigada Today for any other reason is illegal and is not permitted.
DISCLAIMER — Please note that there’s no way we can possibly screen all the text on all the web sites or items we recommend. We try to check them out first… but if we miss something, please don’t assume that the opinions on those sites are identical to those of the Brigada family of networks. “Eat the corn, leave the cob!”
For subscription questions or problems, write email@example.com.
SUBMITTING CONTENT — To submit content or ideas to Brigada Today, first please get a copy of “Guidelines for submitting items to Brigada” Then, once you’ve composed your item in keeping with those guidelines, send your item for Brigada Today to DLucas@teamexpansion.org.
Emphasis is placed on items relating to unreached peoples and challenges faced by those reaching them cross-culturally.
PLEASE DON’T SUBSCRIBE US TO YOUR LIST — It’s always better to ask before manually force-adding anyone to your list-serve or mailing list. Recently, tons of well-meaning people have been subscribing Doug to their lists. Since he often travels overseas, he doesn’t join many of those, for obvious reasons (like being charged big-time for overseas access). So as a general rule, please don’t bulk-mail us! See the note above if you’d like to submit items for Brigada Today. Thanks for understanding. Bottom line: We will never create Brigada Today items from bulk mail. Bulk mail gets deleted immediately — sorry. Nothing personal. We suggest you apply the same standard to everyone. Ask first!
WARNING ABOUT FORWARDING EMAILS — Please, before forwarding any kind of request (even if it says “please send this to all your friends”), please check to make sure it has a VERIFIABLE ORIGIN, a VERIFIABLE PURPOSE, and a VERIFIABLE CLOSURE (OPC). By following this simple approach, many “email viruses” could be nipped in the bud… at least in the Brigada family. More information about the full Brigada OPC protocol is available. Thank you.
BRIGADA TODAY IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE FOLLOWING TEAM OF REGULAR VOLUNTEERS:
- Global Glimpses: John Hanna, Caleb Project, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brigada Website: Bob Mayhew, WebServant@brigada.org
- Brigada Customer Service Manager: email@example.com
- Brigada Coordinator: Doug Lucas, Team Expansion & Brigada, DLucas@teamexpansion.org
- and many other occasional contributors too numerous to mention!
- But thanks for working together! That’s the dream of Brigada!