Now with 9305 participants!
News and Notes about Brigada, Your Gateway to Missions Networking!
On the WorldWide Web, browse https://brigada.org or http://www.eGroups.com/list/brigada-today
Brigada Today is “the missionary helper newsletter!”
Compiled by Doug Lucas DLucas@teamexpansion.org>, Louisville, KY
[Pass this issue to a friend! To subscribe, see instructions at end.]
- WHAT IN THE WORLD IS BRIGADA?
- SCOREBOARD ON REACHING THE LEAST REACHED
- 3700 CHANGES TO THE JP2000 LIST IN 18 MONTHS!
- COMPARING THE JP2000 LIST TO 18 MONTHS AGO
- SO IS YOUR GRAD DEGREE HELPFUL?
- INT’L CALLING PLAN COULD PAY YOUR WAY TO LONDON
- WEBWATCH: TAKE AIM ON AIMS
- NEED A BATTERY? CHECK THIS LIST OF SITES
- CAN’T BEAT THIS PRICE ON THESE OUTLINERS/WORD PROCESSORS
- UNIQUE CHRISTIAN GIFT SERVICE
- ANOTHER OPTION FOR THOSE WANTING INTERNATIONAL CONNECTIONS
- GLOBAL GLIMPSE: PYRAMID MARKETING
- TO SUBSCRIBE TO BRIGADA TODAY
WHAT IN THE WORLD IS BRIGADA?
SCOREBOARD ON REACHING THE LEAST REACHED
3700 CHANGES TO THE JP2000 LIST IN 18 MONTHS!
- Targeted – is there a specific commitment to begin church planting among this group by Dec 31, 2000?
- Church Planting team – is there an on-site church planting team among this people?
- Fellowship of 100 – is there a fellowship of at least 100 indigenous believers among this people?
COMPARING THE JP2000 LIST TO 18 MONTHS AGO
|18 Months Ago||Today|
|Reported Fellowship of 100||4%||30%|
|On-site Church Planting Team||43%||65%|
|Targeted for future Church Planting||77%||88%|
According to the data reported to AD2000, today only 12 percent of the Joshua Project 2000 list remain untargeted. If you’d like a copy of the list of 194 untargeted groups on the Joshua Project list, send a message to email@example.com. A copy will be sent to you automatically.
SO IS YOUR GRAD DEGREE HELPFUL?
- write to Brigadafirstname.lastname@example.org then send your comment to Brigadaemail@example.com or alternatively, just
- write your response directly to Phillip at the address above.
If he had his wish come true, he’d hear your name, mission, type of work, country (if not sensitive), grad school/seminary attended, program, why you chose the program, why graduate-level education is important and how your education has helped your ministry. Who knows — you might be quoted in one of his magazines!
INT’L CALLING PLAN COULD PAY YOUR WAY TO LONDON
WEBWATCH: TAKE AIM ON AIMS
NEED A BATTERY? CHECK THIS LIST OF SITES
CAN’T BEAT THIS PRICE ON THESE OUTLINERS/WORD PROCESSORS
UNIQUE CHRISTIAN GIFT SERVICE
(Remember that although Brigada recommends that you never send your credit card through unencrypted email, secure web servers are just fine.) They ship to other countries, but note that all the scripture prayers are in English.
ANOTHER OPTION FOR THOSE WANTING INTERNATIONAL CONNECTIONS
GLOBAL GLIMPSE: PYRAMID MARKETING
(Source: German Bible League, fax (+49)-791-857035 e-mail BibelLiga.D@t-online.de via DAWN Friday Fax 8/27/98 http://www.cmd.org.nz/ffaxnu.html )
(Global Glimpse is compiled occasionally by John Hanna, Caleb Project, Littleton, CO.)
(DISCLAIMER: By the way, the dumb joke about “pyramid marketing” wasn’t John’s idea.)
TO SUBSCRIBE — To subscribe to BRIGADA TODAY, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO UNSUBSCRIBE — Send email to email@example.com. (Subject and text are ignored.)
IF IT DOESN’T WORK — Write Don & Judy, our Customer Services Managers at firstname.lastname@example.org. Yahooooo for volunteers!!!
COPYRIGHT — This issue of Brigada Today is Copyrighted © 2001. However, permission is granted to freely redistribute these materials, including those available through email autoresponders, provided that such redistribution is to those who will help the Good News of Christianity to reach the unreached. But please include this phrase: “For a free subscription of Brigada‘s weekly missions publication, write email@example.com>.”
IMPORTANT: To copy or reproduce Brigada Today for any other reason is illegal and is not permitted.
DISCLAIMER — Please note that there’s no way we can possibly screen all the text on all the web sites or items we recommend. We try to check them out first… but if we miss something, please don’t assume that the opinions on those sites are identical to those of the Brigada family of networks. “Eat the corn, leave the cob!”
For subscription questions or problems, write firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBMITTING CONTENT — To submit content or ideas to Brigada Today, first please get a copy of “Guidelines for submitting items to Brigada” Then, once you’ve composed your item in keeping with those guidelines, send your item for Brigada Today to DLucas@teamexpansion.org.
Emphasis is placed on items relating to unreached peoples and challenges faced by those reaching them cross-culturally.
PLEASE DON’T SUBSCRIBE US TO YOUR LIST — It’s always better to ask before manually force-adding anyone to your list-serve or mailing list. Recently, tons of well-meaning people have been subscribing Doug to their lists. Since he often travels overseas, he doesn’t join many of those, for obvious reasons (like being charged big-time for overseas access). So as a general rule, please don’t bulk-mail us! See the note above if you’d like to submit items for Brigada Today. Thanks for understanding. Bottom line: We will never create Brigada Today items from bulk mail. Bulk mail gets deleted immediately — sorry. Nothing personal. We suggest you apply the same standard to everyone. Ask first!
WARNING ABOUT FORWARDING EMAILS — Please, before forwarding any kind of request (even if it says “please send this to all your friends”), please check to make sure it has a VERIFIABLE ORIGIN, a VERIFIABLE PURPOSE, and a VERIFIABLE CLOSURE (OPC). By following this simple approach, many “email viruses” could be nipped in the bud… at least in the Brigada family. More information about the full Brigada OPC protocol is available. Thank you.
BRIGADA TODAY IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE FOLLOWING TEAM OF REGULAR VOLUNTEERS:
- Global Glimpses: John Hanna, Caleb Project, email@example.com
- Brigada Website: Bob Mayhew, WebServant@brigada.org
- Brigada Customer Service Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brigada Coordinator: Doug Lucas, Team Expansion & Brigada, DLucas@teamexpansion.org
- and many other occasional contributors too numerous to mention!
- But thanks for working together! That’s the dream of Brigada!