- AUDIO SCRIPTURES LINKED TO LISTENING PROGRAMS
- RESOURCE TO ENCOURAGE MISSIONARIES
- MORE MISSIONS DRAMAS
- FUND RAISING CONFERENCE
- GET YOUR FREE IMAGE
- CREATE YOUR NEWSLETTERS FOR FREE
- “TAKE MY LIFE” (MISSIONS CONFERENCE)
- WHEN YOU SUBMIT ITEMS TO BRIGADA…
- MOMENTUM FEATURES WEST AFRICA
- SUPPORT RAISING TRAINING
- FLORIDA WELCOMES YOU FOR TENTMAKER TRAINING!
- WE’RE SO THANKFUL…
- WOULD YOU PROVIDE FUEL FOR THE FIRE HERE?
- THE BACK PAGE: FINDING YOUR “M&Ms”
- CLOSING STUFF
AUDIO SCRIPTURES LINKED TO LISTENING PROGRAMS –- Talking Bibles International is committed to record any translated New Testament intended to facilitate daily Bible listening programs. Daily Bible listening in homes and villages with which a local evangelist or pastor interacts helps believers grow strong in their faith and attracts new people who want to hear. The new digital Talking Bible listening device with an audio recording of a translated New Testament inside, now makes an adopt-a-village type daily Bible listening doable anywhere in the world. For more information visit:
or contact: info(at)talkingbibles(dot)org. [As a means of preventing spam for our contributors, in the preceding email address(es), please replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .]
- RESOURCE TO ENCOURAGE MISSIONARIES — A Bible study guide called, “Finding Strength for the Journey,” provides a tool for member care or personal encouragement. Author Janice Lemke drew from experiences as a missionary when writing this study guide on topics such as perseverance in hardship, dealing with depression, handling conflict, and benefit from trials. One missionary writes, “I have been able to relate to it more than any ‘stateside’ Bible study.” For Brigada readers, they’ve discounted the price to $5.00, plus shipping. There’s a bigger discount ($4.00 each) for orders of 20 or more. For more information contact cjlemke(at)cs(dot)com [As a means of preventing spam for our contributors, in the preceding email address(es), please replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .]
MORE MISSIONS DRAMAS — As a follow-up to the BACKPAGE in the Brigada Today of January 5, Wycliffe Bible Translators also offers a series of 20 mission-themed skits called “World Class Missions Dramas” written by Blackie Blackwell and Amy Jung, edited by Ron Binder. These were specifically written to accompany Perspectives on the World Christian Movement lessons, so they are short, don’t need elaborate preparation in terms of set or props, and are dialogue-driven like a readers’ theater. They are available as an email attachment, on CD, or hard copy from Wycliffe Southwest in Temecula, CA. Contact Media Resources by phone at 951-719-1105 or email:
Media_Resources_WSW@wycliffe.org [As a means of preventing spam for our contributors, in the preceding email address, please replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .]
FUND RAISING CONFERENCE — Tap into the more then 35 years of experience Bill Dillon brings to fund raising. Register by February 9th and save $50. The People Raising conference is designed to Double your effectiveness in raising individual or organizational funds. Attend the People Raising basic conference March 9-10. Move beyond the fear factor and raise more funds in half the time. Implement 10 key habits for success. Network with other Christian leaders. Arm yourself with tools needed for effective fund raising. Ask for the $100 spouse discount. It applies to those raising personal support, coaching others or raising organizational funds. For more information or to register on-line go to
or email Bill(at)PeopleRaising(dot)com [As a means of preventing spam for our contributors, in the preceding email address(es), please replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .]
GET YOUR FREE IMAGE — Have you visited the folks at GoodSalt to pick up your new free image for this month? :-)
I grabbed that one and promptly turned it into a powerpoint I had to churn out the same day. Pretty practical. They give away one per month, obviously with hopes you’ll eventually decide to buy one or two. Check it out.
- CREATE YOUR NEWSLETTERS FOR FREE — Our Creative Arts guy (Nick) is trying out this site during its beta, just for fun. Keep an eye on it. It just might go places to help you “Create Newsletters, Print to PDF, Print to a Printer, or Email them for free with Drag and Drop.”
“TAKE MY LIFE” (MISSIONS CONFERENCE) — This is a two-day conference that challenges college students and twentysomethings to let their lives be used for their King’s glory among the nations. Pete Grieg, author of Red Moon Rising and founder of the 24-7 Prayer Movement, is the main speaker. 30 workshops are being offered to equip participants for ministry. The event starts 7:30pm, Friday, February 2nd, at Southwestern College, in Phoenix, AZ. Student groups are now organizing overnight prayer. Main sessions resume at 9:30am, Saturday, Feb. 3. Register at
for $20/person or email jeremy(at)takemylife(dot)org with further questions. [As a means of preventing spam for our contributors, in the preceding email address(es), please replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .]
WHEN YOU SUBMIT ITEMS TO BRIGADA… — Please remember to…
*** Turn off “fancy characters” in Word (Tools|Autocorrect in the “Autoformat” tab). Some of our audience still reads in simple text.
*** Keep your item to 8-10 lines in length. (That way, *you* decide what’s important)
*** Please avoid “classified ad language”. Make it like a real conversation instead of like you’re selling a used car.
*** Remember we have an int’l audience. Communicate to the *world*, not just to your own homeland.
*** Give a web URL and an email address for follow-up.
*** Write in 3rd person. Say “They” instead of “We”. Learn even more at:
MOMENTUM FEATURES WEST AFRICA — Justin Long’s magazine, “Momentum”, has just posted for January/February. Catch it at:
Included are articles involving mobile member care, coaching workers, Africans on mission, as well as updates on all the normal stuff and more. (Great job, Justin.)
SUPPORT RAISING TRAINING — The BodyBuilders “Personal Support Raising Boot Camp” is a two-day intense training for first-time support raisers and under-funded veterans. Their goal: Getting you to 100% in 100 days! Check out their website for more details at
http://www.thebodybuilders.net or email
Upcoming Boot Camp dates include Fayetteville, AR – Feb 1-2nd, Colorado Springs, CO – March 26-27th, Jacksonville, FL – April 26-27th, Bellflower, CA – June 4-5th. Register online today.
FLORIDA WELCOMES YOU FOR TENTMAKER TRAINING! — GLOBAL Opportunities is running its first annual tentmaking course in Fort Myers FLA and you need to register soon to reserve your spot. If you are considering going overseas with your profession or running a Kingdom business, you need to take this training. It is fairly simple to find a job or to start a business but you will need specific ministry skills for the hard places. Check out their course outline at their website and you will see that it has been designed with purpose and from the experience of hundreds who have gone out there and increasingly left behind house churches. If the Florida course dates do not fit, there are many others coming up.
or email Ari at 321(at)globalopps(dot)org [As a means of preventing spam for our contributors, in the preceding email address(es), please replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .]
- WE’RE SO THANKFUL… — Thanks to the anonymous donors who gave $25, $10, $10, and $100 to spur on Brigada to good works. Gulp. What an awesome and sobering responsibility it is to be in this work. Thanks once again.
- WOULD YOU PROVIDE FUEL FOR THE FIRE HERE? — Just click on “Sponsor/Donate” in the top menu (to use PayPal or a credit card), or if you prefer, send a check payable to Team Expansion to: Team Expansion (Brigada secretary), 13711 Willow Reed Dr., Louisville, KY 40299. (Team Expansion is a 501(c)3 incorporation so for USA citizens, your checks made out to Team Expansion are tax- deductible.) As always, be sure to let us know if you’d like us to promote any particular service or ministry, or if you’d prefer your gift be anonymous. And thank you in advance for helping.
THE BACK PAGE: FINDING YOUR “M&Ms” — For me it’s
*** Shooting (just qualified for “Distinguished Expert” in handgun)
*** Stargazing (I love my 8″ SCT)
*** Soccer (I coach a local high school varsity team)
*** Playing for the worship band at my local church (keyboard, piano, and today, bass guitar) and finally..
*** “M&Ms” (I have dispensers on my desk at the office, at home, & in my truck). Whenever I feel myself needing a lift — Oxygen pills, as I used to call them with my kids — I’ll take 2 M&Ms and forge on.
How ’bout you? What’s your M&M — by that I mean some kind of diversion that can lift your spirits, provide a release from work-aholism, and add some spice to your life. It might be your family, going out to eat, hiking, running, bike riding, puzzles, video games, even Risk! :-) Whatever it is, enjoy it in moderation and my hunch is you’ll be a happier camper. What’s more, you’ll probably work harder I the remaining hours too.
So reach for the M&Ms this week… and have some fun. Make it a great week!
(Note: This is a correction from the originally cited email address that went out in the Brigada email.)