- MINISTER TO THE POOR WITHOUT CREATING DEPENDENCY
- FIRST DIGITAL TALKING BIBLES SENT TO AFRICA
- 5TH TENTMAKERS INT’L CONGRESS TO BE JULY 9-11
- HUNTING FOR HOSTS & HOSTESSES
- MORE FOLLOWUP ON GET PEOPLE PRAYING
- HOUSE OR PRAYER
- WEBINAR SERVICES?
- MOMENTUM MAGAZINE UP FOR LOOKS
- A SIMPLER VOICE-OVER-INTERNET OFFER?
- PDFS WITHOUT WAITING (OR PAYING) FOR OFFICE 2007
- SHARE EDUCATIONAL CONFERENCE FOR PARENTS OF MISSIONARY KIDS
- FREE 4-COLOR TRACTS ON MORMONS AND JWS IN 20+ LANGUAGES
- THE BACKPAGE: SATELLITES HAVE THE HIGH GROUND
- CLOSING STUFF
MINISTER TO THE POOR WITHOUT CREATING DEPENDENCY — Learn how through the “Foundations and Principles of Holistic Ministry” distance course from the Chalmers Center for Economic and Community Development at Covenant College. This course will be offered on January 8 – February 2, 2007 and again on May 7 – June 1, 2007. Note that the January course is nearly full and limited spots remain.
The “Foundations” course is designed for anyone doing ministry and community outreach among the poor – pastors, church planters, ministry leaders and lay staff, and missionaries. It is appropriate for an individual as well as for a team who ministers together. The course lays the foundation for understanding appropriate goals and strategies for Christian economic development in low-income communities.
For those ministering to the poor in the Two-Thirds World, the Chalmers Center also offers a distance course on microfinance and microenterprise development services and interventions and a distance course on basic principles of Savings and Credit Associations (SCAs) and how SCAs can be used as a ministry tool. The microfinance and microenterprise course is also available in self-study format.
To learn more or to register, visit
call 706-419-1805 (U.S.), or email chalmers(at)covenant(dot)edu [As a means of preventing spam for our contributors, in the preceding email address(es), please replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .] When registering, use Reference Identifier BRN-10/06.
FIRST DIGITAL TALKING BIBLES SENT TO AFRICA — Talking Bibles International recently sent its first 1,000 new digital, solid-state Talking Bibles to Malawi, Africa. These Talking Bibles have a special arrangement of Scripture passages from the Old Testament as well as the entire New Testament in the Chichewa language. Learn more at…
or contact: info(at)talkingbibles(dot)org [As a means of preventing spam for our contributors, in the preceding email address(es), please replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .]
- 5TH TENTMAKERS INT’L CONGRESS TO BE JULY 9-11 — Tentmakers International (TI, formerly TIE) will hold its 5th Congress in Malaysia, and is open to anyone with an interest in tentmaking. From the 11th – 13th, the TI Consultation for TI associates and experienced tentmakers will be held in the same venue. To register, please contact ticongress(at)gmail(dot)com [As a means of preventing spam for our contributors, in the preceding email address(es), please replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .] or browse to
- HUNTING FOR HOSTS & HOSTESSES — YWAM Sahara Center in Torremolinos, Spain is seeking a couple for hospitality ministry. Interested parties can contact Mark at markf(at)gosahara(dot)org [As a means of preventing spam for our contributors, in the preceding email address(es), please replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .]
- MORE FOLLOWUP ON GET PEOPLE PRAYING —- Why do people not care enough about missions to pray? A reporter interviewed two men who were digging ditches. He asked the first, “What are you doing?” He quickly replied, “I’m digging ditches.” Asked the same question the second man replied, “I am building a cathedral.” The person who only sees what HE is doing, whether it is ushering or getting excited about a friend’s marriage or a basketball game, is living life digging ditches. He does not see the big picture. What he needs is vision. What seems to be lacking in many churches is that vision of the big picture that missions is building the kingdom of God, and that through prayer for missions believers become an integral part of the building process. Until people in the pew catch that vision from their leaders, prayer for missions will continue to be viewed as just digging ditches. (Thanks for sending this item all the way from Russia, Tom!)
HOUSE OR PRAYER — Campo247 for November 06 is in the southern most part of Spain near the Rock of Gibraltar, within eyesight of Morocco. Elijah Company and Intercessors Arise are uniting with the local churches to invite global Christians to join in this 24 / 7 prayer effort. The area is a point of entrance and exits for kingdoms, a focal point for four major ethnic groups and is at the summit between secular Europe and Muslim North Africa. Daily seminars will focus on missions, prayer, and various related topics. For details of the vision and ways to participate on-sight or from a distance see the web site at
or write to info(at)campo247(dot)com or call +1-757-226-3507. [As a means of preventing spam for our contributors, in the preceding email address(es), please replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .]
WEBINAR SERVICES? — Eddie and Alice Smith offer a free 52-week online school of prayer at
They have several thousand students and wish to begin conducting teleclasses. Many of their students in other nations can’t afford a one-hour telephone call to the U.S. for training. Most of them utilize dialup Internet services. The Smiths would like your recommendations for inexpensive audio/video Internet training services. Do you use a webinar service? If so, please forward your recommendations to Eddie Smith at usprayercenter(at)cs(dot)com [As a means of preventing spam for our contributors, in the preceding email address(es), please replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .]
- MOMENTUM MAGAZINE UP FOR LOOKS — Check out the latest edition of Momentum Magazine (September/October 2006) at
- A SIMPLER VOICE-OVER-INTERNET OFFER? — Rod at MissionFinder.org found a different approach to free phone calls, offered by JaJah.com. Nothing to download, no start-up or connection fees, no special equipment. You use your regular phone, cordless phone, or cell phone, and calls are free to other JaJah users in many countries. JaJay says calls to the rest of the world are very inexpensive. You can schedule calls ahead of time, set up conference calls, etc. This can save your money for use for other mission needs! (Thanks Rod!)
PDFS WITHOUT WAITING (OR PAYING) FOR OFFICE 2007 — Neil reminded us of these suggestions for crafting PDFs…
OpenOffice – which will read and write to Microsoft Office formats has “export as a pdf” built-in.
CutePDF converts pdf documents from any Windows program (including Office), and is free. Download from
(Make sure you download and install the Ghostscript converter too, needed to make it work – available on the same page.)
SHARE EDUCATIONAL CONFERENCE FOR PARENTS OF MISSIONARY KIDS — On October 12th and 13th there will be a conference in Moscow geared toward equipping parents as they seek to raise and educate their kids overseas. Topics will address the needs of parents choosing home schooling and national schooling as well as addressing general TCK and cross cultural parenting issues. North American norm-referenced testing will also be available to students using the IOWA Achievement test. Check out their web site
for detailed information and registration. For inquiries contact Larry at lmilks(at)shareeducation(dot)org [As a means of preventing spam for our contributors, in the preceding email address(es), please replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .]
FREE 4-COLOR TRACTS ON MORMONS AND JWS IN 20+ LANGUAGES — Get free tracts on the Jehovah’s Witnesses and Mormon Church available for the price of shipping, or downloadable from the internet. Most are in 4 color. They are produced by the Institute for Religious Research and available for the cost of shipping only if used for free distribution outside the USA. For downloadable articles organized by language go to:
To view sample pdfs go to:
To request tracts and get shipping estimates, USA callers may dial toll-free: 1 877-888-4477; outside the USA call 616-451-4562 or request information via email at: sarah(at)irr(dot)org
THE BACKPAGE: SATELLITES HAVE THE HIGH GROUND — It began with a broadcast. Moeb (not his real name), a young man living in North Africa, was flipping through his family’s TV channels when he came across a broadcast about Jesus. He had heard about this prophet. He paused to watch for a minute. At the end of the program, he noticed an address. Curious, he wrote to ask for more information.
Meanwhile, one of our mission’s workers in North Africa had become interested in satellite broadcasting as a way to “cast the net” larger. He traveled to Amsterdam to learn more from a studio there. As he started to leave, they asked if he would consider taking back some materials for a young inquirer.
Once he arrived back in the Muslim land where he worked, the Christian worker sought out the address and actually found Moeb. He delivered the information and set up a follow-up meeting to answer Moeb’s questions. Six months later, the Christian worker baptized Moeb and welcomed him to the Kingdom of God. As a matter of fact, the worker is now focusing on satellite broadcasting full-time. His energies will become another piece in the global effort to bless Muslims with more knowledge of Jesus Christ. Pray for him and others like him laboring to bring Good News and Hope to those who haven’t heard.