- SAFE DRINKING WATER FOR RELIEF EFFORTS
- THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS; COULD YOU HELP MAKE THE DIFFERENCE?
- WE APPRECIATE CHRISTIANS IN CRISIS MINISTRY
- BLESSED HOPE CAN HOOK YOU UP WITH GREAT PHONE SERVICE
- GREAT RATE ON OVERSEAS CALLS
- BIBLE SOFTWARE FOR MISSIONARIES
- WEBSITE REVIVAL
- FINALLY AN END-TIMES BOOK THAT STIRS MISSION’S VISION
- INTERCESSORS UK
- THE BACK PAGE: PRAY FOR THE VICTIMS/FAMILIES OF THE TSUNAMI
- CLOSING STUFF
- SAFE DRINKING WATER FOR RELIEF EFFORTS -– TealBrook Supplies, a regular Brigada sponsor, offers a portable water purification system that is excellent for relief situations, operating on gravity, making the water microbiologically safe. With the tragic news of the earthquake and resulting disaster from the tsunami there is currently a need for safe drinking water and that need will be growing. If you’re involved in relief efforts contact TealBrook by visiting their website at http://www.tealbrook.com or emailing them at info(at)tealbrook(dot)com [As a means of preventing spam for our contributors, in the preceding email address(es), please replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .] (Thanks again for the faithful help, Mike and Deb!)
- THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS; COULD YOU HELP MAKE THE DIFFERENCE? — Thanks to Impact Ministries http://www.impactministries.ca/ for their sponsorship gift of $80 today! They have needs of their own, but wrote, “As I was praying about “our” need, the Lord spoke to me about first helping you with “your” need. In reality…it is all “His” work. :) Being located in north central Guatemala, it is wonderful to have a link via Brigada to what is happening in the rest of the world. Thank you for being a blessing and encouragement! Les Peters, Impact Ministries Canada, Ministerios Impacto Guatemala.” (Thanks again, Les!) Would you like to join Les in one last push? So we can make our 2004 goal of being able to pay our Brigada-sponsored secretary? If so, just click “sponsor” in the top menu (to use PayPal or a credit card), or just send a check payable to Team Expansion to: Team Expansion (Brigada secretary), 13711 Willow Reed Dr., Louisville, KY 40299. Thanks! As always, be sure to let us know if you’d like us to promote any particular service or ministry, or if you’d prefer your gift be anonymous. We’ll keep the website updated throughout the week… Just go to the Brigada site to see if we’ve reached the goal… and we’ll count any gift sent this week as if it came in during 2004. Starting next Friday, Jan. 7th, we’ll begin a new year. To celebrate a great year (though we’re a long ways yet from our goal of $16,140, still, $9000 or so from our readers is a great year!), we’ll go into “minimal mode” about sponsors for the first month. But at the same time, by faith, we’ll try to commit to another year with our Brigada-sponsored secretary. Gulp. :-) By the way, remember in 2003, we had one single gift of $9000, so subtracting that one special gift, we actually *increased* donations/sponsorships in 2004. Again — a big thank-you to all those who helped!
- WE APPRECIATE CHRISTIANS IN CRISIS MINISTRY — If you get a chance, stop by the website at… www.christiansincrisis.org An anonymous friend there just sent $25 for our end-of-the-year push. Thanks!
- BLESSED HOPE CAN HOOK YOU UP WITH GREAT PHONE SERVICE — Cellular contract ending soon? Or new to cellular and wonder where to start? Want access to all the major providers in your area? Now you can get a great plan *and* benefit Brigada with your sign up! With a wide variety of plans available nationwide (in most areas), you should be able to find what you are looking for through Blessed Hope Communications. Plus most plans have FREE phones, some have cash BACK and many have FREE accessories to boot. For every sign-up processed through Brigada’s link, Brigada will earn a $50 bonus ($20 with the prepaid plans). Let your cell dollars COUNT! Visit http://www.lowermyphonebill.com/brigada and click on the cellular graphic. (You might want to also check out the long distance rates in your area while you’re there).
- GREAT RATE ON OVERSEAS CALLS — Save on overseas phone calls and help support Brigada – go to https://brigada.org/phone.html for more information.
- BIBLE SOFTWARE FOR MISSIONARIES — Overseas missionaries can get excellent Bible software that works in 25 languages for only $10, shipping included. Most of the program is also available for download for free. One of our readers, a missionary by the name of Kerby, has been using Online Bible (OLB) for years and recommends it. OLB includes Strong’s Concordance, Thompson Chain Reference, 22 English versions of the Bible and many other languages. The program also can display two or more language versions of the Bible at the same time, which you can display on an overhead or video projector. This makes life easier for missionaries still learning a foreign language, and helps the listeners as well. Mac, DOS, Windows and Palm Pilot versions are available. Go to: http://www.onlinebible.net (Thanks Kerby!)
WEBSITE REVIVAL — “Website Revival” pulls together Christian web developers passionate about serving churches and ministries in communicating the glorious Gospel of God’s grace effectively on the web! Website Revival has a special program that allows its church clients to offer discounted sites to the ministries they sponsor. Are you a Christian web designer or developer? Website Revival offers developer licenses to their content management system. E-mail Eric eric(at)newfangled(dot)com for more info. [As a means of preventing spam for our contributors, in the preceding email address(es), please replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .] or visit them at:
USA callers can dial toll-free (others can call via Net2phone) 1-866- 385-4129 x316. Local calls 401-861-3300 x316.
FINALLY AN END-TIMES BOOK THAT STIRS MISSION’S VISION -– Trying to stir up vision for the unreached? Check out
In a scholarly, but engaging book, missionary to Muslims, Robert Livingston, excites readers about the Great Commission. Using clear Bible texts, he connects Christ’s coming with the Great Commission’s completion. He bluntly exposes radical Islam, but encourages the gospel in response. Order online, or in the USA, call 1-877-421-7323. For deep discounts, missionaries or individuals buying in bulk should e-mail the author directly at bob(at)finalclash(dot)com [As a means of preventing spam for our contributors, in the preceding email address(es), please replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .]
- INTERCESSORS UK — They’re aiming to cover the UK with strategic prayer. Intercessors UK is a newly launched web site with the aim of encouraging born-again believers from all denominations to intercede for the UK. They use a special prayer schedule strategy to cover the week with prayer, 24 hours, 7 days a week. They pray about issues such as Church unity, the media and Islam. The site can be found at http://www.intercessuk.org or email Ian at this address if you’d like any further information: facilitator(at)intercessuk(dot)org [As a means of preventing spam for our contributors, in the preceding email address(es), please replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .]
- THE BACK PAGE: PRAY FOR THE VICTIMS & FAMILIES OF THE TSUNAMI — As you celebrate the new year tonight and this weekend, please remember to lift up all those who have lost loved ones… either literally or through painful death.. and ask God to speed aid and organization to the doom and confusion along those shores hit by the neutron bomb-like waves. May God bring peace to this troubled seashore. Let’s lift them up together…