- TRY DIAL-ABROAD, HELP BRIGADA
- PRACTICAL TRAINING TO HELP THE POOR TO HELP THEMSELVES
- APOLOGIES! ELECTRONIC NEWSLETTER
- HELP BY TAKING THIS SURVEY
- EQUIPPING WOMEN IN ISLAMIC COUNTRIES
- MISSIONPREP “PLANTS” SEMINAR
- TEACHERS WANTED!
- AFFORDABLE PRESCRIPTION DRUG CARD
- FREE TENTMAKING SEMINAR IN MOBILE ALABAMA
- CLOSING STUFF
- TRY DIAL-ABROAD, HELP BRIGADA — Are you in a place with high international phone rates? For the cheapest rates for many country-to- country calls worldwide, go to https://brigada.org/phone.html
- PRACTICAL TRAINING TO HELP THE POOR TO HELP THEMSELVES — Time is running out! The Chalmers Center for Economic Development at Covenant College, in partnership with Food for the Hungry International and World Relief, is offering training in Bangkok, Thailand on May 24 – June 2, 2004 and at Lookout Mountain, GA USA from August 2 – 11, 2004. This training focuses on innovative, best practice microenterprise development and microfinance strategies and methodologies that can be used in holistic, Christ-centered programs. For information on these events or our email based distance learning visit http://www.chalmers.org or email CEDI@covenant.edu
- APOLOGIES! ELECTRONIC NEWSLETTER — In the 2004/04/02 edition of Brigada Today we announced a new electronic newsletter on communication strategy. Unfortunately, at the time our announcement went out, the newsletter’s server went down, and many of you were unable to subscribe! Please accept our apologies! The server is up and running again, and the newsletter is now available. Subscribe to the Communication Strategy Network electronic newsletter by logging on to http://www.communication-strategy.net. To subscribe, click on “newsletter” and sign-up.
- HELP BY TAKING THIS SURVEY — Regent Univeristy and Liberty University are conducting a survey on how churches are using media and the performing arts. The recent phenomenon of the film, The Passion, has renewed an interested in churches to use media and performing arts as an integral part of ministry. Below is a link to a survey that he would like you to complete. Using your web browser, you can find the survey at the following location:
- EQUIPPING WOMEN IN ISLAMIC COUNTRIES — A special meeting will take place in the US on August 4-8 to encourage and equip women who have a minimum of two years experience working with Muslims. The $300 conference fee includes housing and meals and must be received by July 1. Twelve worldview workshops and 24 general workshops will provide tools for ministry including survey strategies, effective approaches in eliciting a faith response, communicating the gospel in understandable ways, strategic intercession, etc. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information, and furnish a secure e- mail address to which we can respond.
- MISSIONPREP “PLANTS” SEMINAR – TORONTO 2004 June 13-25, 2004 Principles of Language Acquisition: Natural Techniques and Skills Location: Tyndale University College & Seminary, 25 Ballyconnor Court, Willowdale, Ontario *Insider skills for Language & cultural Learning *Phonetics Foundations *Language readiness For more information contact 905-640-1621 OR email@example.com or read http://www.missionprep.ca
- TEACHERS WANTED! — Whitman Academy is seeking qualified teachers for the 2005-2006 school year. This school is located in Amman, Jordan, servicing international students. Please write to Andrew for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AFFORDABLE PRESCRIPTION DRUG CARD — Drug costs got you down? The USA government recently passed sweeping changes in the Medicare prescription drug benefit for those over age 65 but what about those under age 65? Well now there is help for individuals and groups that do not benefit from Medicare. Insurance Services of America has for years assisted many missionaries, churches and mission groups with international health and life insurance, now they are offering a brand new Rx discount card. For details, a free quote and to apply for coverage go to http://www.EasyRXCard.com , email them at info@EasyRXCard.com, or call them at 1-800-647-4589 (1-480-821-9052). Insurance Services of America is a Christian organization that specializes in helping missionaries and mission organizations find affordable healthcare.
FREE TENTMAKING SEMINAR IN MOBILE ALABAMA — Global Opportunities is offering a FREE half-day seminar (9 am to 1 pm) Saturday, May 22, at North Bay Christian Church in Mobile, Alabama. The church is located at 1275 E I65 Service Rd S, Mobile, AL 36606-3103 or see their website for directions at http://www.northbaycc.org
This Seminar will help you understand how you can reach the world as a non-traditional missionary, using your vocation to reach the nations! For further information on this FREE seminar and to register go to: http://www.globalopps.org/seminar
For additional information, please contact Charles at: email@example.com