- GET YOUR OWN TOLL-FREE NUMBER
- BIBLE STUDY SERIES FOR SHORT-TERM MISSION TEAMS
- IDAHO WILDERNESS RETREAT FOR CHRISTIAN WORKERS
- YOUR DESTINY, YOUR CHOICE WEBSITE
- IKOBO VISA CARD IS A GREAT SOLUTION
- GREAT COMMISSION SEARCH ENGINE
- GET HANDS-ON HELP ON HELPING THE POOR
- FREE TENTMAKING SEMINAR AT MISSIONFEST TORONTO
- HOW DO WE CONNECT WORKERS/OPPORTUNITIES
- RESOURCE TO ENCOURAGE MISSIONARIES
- SUPPORT RAISING CONFERENCE
- LOOKING FOR A DAILY RATE FOR HEALTH INSURANCE?
- CLOSING STUFF
- GET YOUR OWN TOLL-FREE NUMBER — Get a US toll free number forwarded to any phone in the world with no setup fee and low international rates — and Help Brigada! Go to https://brigada.org/phone.html We just received a sponsorship payment of $71.35 from these folks… and it’s a direct result of Brigada readers using this service for their long distance needs. So contrary to some of the other deals about which you might have heard, this one is actually producing results — and it doesn’t cost you anything extra to use them. In fact, you might actually *save* money on your long distance! Thanks for your partnership!
- BIBLE STUDY SERIES FOR SHORT-TERM MISSION TEAMS — “Time Out” is the title of a series of specialized Bible study materials available for short-term mission groups to use both before and during their time overseas. A copy of all 15 studies is available for a one-time payment of £25 (around U$S45). You can then use them as many times as you like. The ‘Time Out’ studies are now available to purchase and download online so you can access them instantly from wherever you are. A sample study is even provided for free! The notes are available in pdf format or rtf format so that you can adapt them and customize them as you wish. All Tony asks is that you attribute them to him somewhere in what is produced! To sample, purchase and download the ‘Time Out’ studies, see http://www.oscar.org.uk/timeout.htm
- IDAHO WILDERNESS RETREAT FOR CHRISTIAN WORKERS — Allison Ranch is a private retreat on the Salmon River in Idaho wilderness for full-time Christian workers. Guests arrive at the Ranch by chartered plane to be greeted by hosts in charge of any needs including all meals in the main lodge. Hiking, fishing, swimming or sunning on the sandy beaches are a few amenities to be enjoyed. Elk and deer graze on a mountain meadow outside each cabin. All the comforts of home are available without the intrusion of the outside world. All of this is made available at cost to the Foundation, short of a $200 deposit. Our website is http://www.replace.com/allison Contact Judy at 208-377-3005 for more information.
- YOUR DESTINY, YOUR CHOICE WEBSITE — Prayer Australia has recently launched a new website – a seeker-friendly, cartoon gospel presentation. This unique website is designed for non-Christians, so that Christians can either email their non-Christian friends or give them a business card to inform them of the web site. Check out http://www.yourdestinyyourchoice.org Prayer Australia would also like to produce the website in other languages. This would allow the gospel presentation in people’s native language to be emailed all around the world. If you would like to have the website in your language or any further information, email email@example.com
- IKOBO VISA CARD IS A GREAT SOLUTION — We continue to be impressed with the iKobo ATM/Visa card service. Among other things, you can give someone a Visa card even when they couldn’t normally qualify. And if you use this link to sign up, iKobo donates $10 to Brigada for our Brigada Secretary: https://www.ikobo.com/ref.cgi?r=LD017707US
- GREAT COMMISSION SEARCH ENGINE — Here’s a search engine with a missions slant: http://www.christianmissions.net Find mission stories on your town (thanks for the tip, Guy!), search for that hard-to-find organization, or just browse to enlarge your worldview! It’s the “Google of Christian Missions!”
- GET HANDS-ON HELP ON HELPING THE POOR — The Christian Economic Development Institute offers practical, hands-on training to equip your church or ministry to help the poor to help themselves through their own work. There are no prerequisites for participation in the training. No experience is necessary! They train missionaries and church leaders the world over to implement strategies that communicate Christ’s love in both word & deed. Reserve your place now at a live training event (Bangkok, Thailand, May 24-June 2 and at Covenant College, Lookout Mountain, GA, August 2-11). Sign up now for a May 12, E-mail based, distance learning class. For more information, visit http://www.chalmers.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 706- 419-1805.
FREE TENTMAKING SEMINAR AT MISSIONFEST TORONTO — Canadian Tentmaker Network and GLOBAL Opportunities are excited to announce a first ever full tentmaking seminar at a MissionFest Saturday, March 13th at Metro Toronto Convention Centre South Building, 222 Bremner Blvd.
Feel free to take in one or all four sessions of this fast paced informative seminar. Hear seminars on “Why tentmaking?,” “How to find a job in the international job market,” “Workplace Evangelism,” “Your steps to getting there and being effective in ministry.” For more information and to register, please visit their website at: http://www.globalopps.org/seminar
Both GO and CTN are also looking for former tentmakers to volunteer their services as part of a virtual team. Your skills could be used to mentor new tentmakers, run seminars, speak at events and to help get the word out on today’s tentmaking missions. Contact them at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- HOW DO WE CONNECT WORKERS/OPPORTUNITIES — We continue to wonder how in the world we connect opportunities and workers. For example, here’s a guy named Jonathan in Fiji who is seeking help with computer problems in a small Bible College computer lab. Now … surely *somewhere* in the world, there are some tech-types that would love a great excuse to visit Fiji once a year. :-) The machines are 7-year-old Macintoshes running mainly MS Word. They have very few problems but when problems come, local troubleshooting help is very limited and web access and phone support quite expensive. Is there a MS Word expert out there who could consult by e-mail and research solutions for problems a few times per year – and maybe visit to get a face-to-face relationship going.. and do hands-on training, as needed? If so, please e-mail to email@example.com . And the bigger question is… where does a guy like Jonathan go to find workers for this need? We *do* have the Brigada-opportunities group. But maybe it’s fast-becoming obsolete. Ideas?
- RESOURCE TO ENCOURAGE MISSIONARIES — A Bible study guide called, “Finding Strength for the Journey,” provides a tool for member care or personal encouragement. Author Janice Lemke drew from experiences as a missionary when writing this series of thirty studies that explores topics such as perseverance in hardship, dealing with depression, handling conflict, and benefit from trials. For Brigada readers, they’ve discounted the price to $5.00, plus shipping. There’s a bigger discount ($4.00 each) for orders of 20 or more. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- SUPPORT RAISING CONFERENCE — If you are searching for funds and personal support, you can’t afford to miss this breakthrough 2-day People Raising Coaches Clinic April 30-May 1! Register by April 1st and save $50. Move beyond the fear factor and raise more funds in half the time. The People Raising Coaches Clinic shows you how. Implement 10- key habits for success. Network with other Christian leaders responsible for coaching their staff in support raising. For more information or to register on-line go to http://www.peopleraising.com/conf_bas_apr2004.cfm or e-mail
- LOOKING FOR A DAILY RATE FOR HEALTH INSURANCE? — Have you wanted to get insurance for a short-term mission trip, but hated having to pay for extra days that you are not out of the country? If so, Insurance Services of America has a solution! They now have short-term coverage for individuals, on a daily basis with rates as low as $1.13 per day! Coverage is easy to obtain. For details, a free quote and to apply for coverage go to http://www.MissionaryHealth.com , email them at , or call them at 1-800-647-4589 (1-480- 821-9052). Insurance Services of America is a Christian organization that specializes in health and life insurance for missionaries and mission organizations.