- VIDEO TOOLBOX HELPS YOU PREPARE GREAT VIDEOS
- NEW SPONSORS!
- IKOBO FUND TRANSFER BEATS WESTERN UNION, OTHERS
- TIME RUNNING OUT ON OFFER TO BUY BOOK / HELP BRIGADA
- THE ADVENT OF THE TALKING BIBLE
- LEARN MORE ABOUT MEDIA IN MISSIONS
- MORE ON BACKING UP
- HARVEST NORTH AFRICA (HNA)
- TIPS FOR DOING PRESS RELEASES FOR YOUR CHURCH
- VISION 2004: A STUDENT CONFERENCE ON WORLD EVANGELIZATION
- MASTERS DEGREE IN LEADERSHIP/ADMIN (FROM THE PACIFIC!)
- LITERATURE IN MANY LANGUAGES
- NEW DISCUSSION LIST FOR MISSION AGENCY WEBMASTERS
- IF YOU’RE INTO CHRISTIAN COMICS
- AQUAPONICS COURSE
- INTERNATIONAL CHURCH MINISTRY
- 3TH ANNUAL EYE CARE FOR ALL WHO CARE CONFERENCE
- CLOSING STUFF
- VIDEO TOOLBOX HELPS YOU PREPARE GREAT VIDEOS — This is the season for many church missions conferences and the Toolbox For Videostorytelling can make a great gift from your church to your missionary. Check it out at http://www.VillageAve.com And thanks to the author, John Walton, for making a $35 donation to Brigada because of recent purchasers of the Toolbox! Yahooo! :-)
- NEW SPONSORS! — Hats off to the repeat anonymous sponsor who used the “PayPal Subscribe” sponsorship button at https://brigada.org/donate.html to donate $10 this past month to help with the expenses of our Brigada secretary and to keep Brigada going regularly out the door each week. Thanks, too, for the $50 from the “Arctic North of Sweden!” Way to go *Europe*!!! We appreciate you!
IKOBO FUND TRANSFER BEATS WESTERN UNION, OTHERS — If you ask me, this new iKobo service easily beats out Western Union. We asked for volunteers to try it out (a couple of weeks ago) and 3 brave souls stepped up to the plate. They’re loving it! You provide funds by transferring money into your iKobo account from your bank account, electronically. Sound like PayPal? There’s more. Once the money is there, you can “Send Money” to anyone in the world! If the person is already an iKobo user, the transfer is *instant*. If they’re not already an iKobo member, iKobo assigns them an account and sends them an ATM card, at iKobo’s expense. The great thing is — once the person has the ATM card, you can transfer money at will, anytime, night or day. Rather than paying hefty wire transfer fees, the user only has to pay a $2 or so ATM fee. Plus, unlike wires, the transfer is *instant*, and teller has to view the transferred funds.
Click here for more information, or to get started:
(or cut and paste the URL above into your web-browser). Note: Believe it or not, iKobo is also offering to send $10/new member to help us sponsor a Brigada secretary — if you use the above link to get started. We’ve already received two of the sponsorships from our trial users new registrations. So it’s working already! What’s more, we’ve both sent *and* received money using the service, all without a hitch.
So how is it different from PayPal? First, you can use this service to transfer funds to a national preacher or missionary, even if he or she has no web access or bank account. Second, it gives you an ATM card rather than an online prompt. Finally, some recipients don’t want to have “register” at some new online service, just to receive funds. So either way, it’s a great option.
- TIME RUNNING OUT ON OFFER TO BUY BOOK / HELP BRIGADA — We’ve had a good response to the offer from Mark Kelly, editor of the “Advance!” prayer newsletter, to donate up to $5 US to Brigada for each purchase of his new book, “Proof Beyond Reasonable Doubt!” This new e-book explains why Christians are powerless to stop the world’s slide into moral chaos and tyranny. The e-book is delivered via web download. Preview “Proof Beyond Reasonable Doubt” at http://kainospress.com/pbrd.html After you purchase it online, send an e-mail to brigada- email@example.com and tell him you want a check cut for your friends at Brigada. This offer expires March 1, so there’s still time to profit from this new book and support Brigada in the process!
- THE ADVENT OF THE TALKING BIBLE – The audio Scripture movement made a great step forward with the advent of The Talking Bible. The Talking Bible contains a complete audio New Testament in a sealed unit that has the appearance of a regular Bible. Talking Bibles are already available in many different languages. New ones will be produced in hundreds of other languages as resources are made available. Audio Scriptures International, Adopt-A-Village and World Mission, a non-denominational mission-support organization, are working in cooperation with national Bible Societies to produce and provide Talking Bibles in many of the world’s languages. ASI reports that requests from Africa for Talking Bibles are increasing dramatically. Churches and missions are being challenged to get involved. For more information visit http://www.audioscriptures.org.
- LEARN MORE ABOUT MEDIA IN MISSIONS — Would you like to catch the latest on media in missions? Stop by http://newWway.org This month’s cover story focus is on “The Passion”, written with missionaries in mind. Although written mainly for Southern Baptist IMB folk, it’s still full of great resources and training bits.
- MORE ON BACKING UP — We’ve received quite a lot of feedback on our piece on backing up our computer files (a couple of weeks ago). One participant said he’d personally been hit by tragedy without a recent backup. Now he uses an external hard drive which connects via USB port. He also uses PGP to encrypt the data in case it’s stolen. (Thanks Scott!)
HARVEST NORTH AFRICA (HNA) — Focused on the nations of Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, and Mauritania, HNA is a new international prayer movement now getting underway for launch in 2005. Harvest North Africa will be working closely with believers and prayer networks throughout the region to produce an array of high quality media that can be utilized by churches and ministries to raise up a tidal wave of new intercessors. HNA is now seeking volunteers to help with mobilization, promotion, translation, regional coordination, distribution, video production, website design and maintenance, and other areas. If you can help with any of these areas, please contact HNA at: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the HNA website at
TIPS FOR DOING PRESS RELEASES FOR YOUR CHURCH — Interested in learning more about how to use press releases as free publicity? Check out:
for extensive tips and ideas. (Thanks Brad!)
VISION 2004: A STUDENT CONFERENCE ON WORLD EVANGELIZATION — Vision Student Conferences has a theme of encouraging students and leaders to become actively involved in God’s missionary plan for the nations. Visit the website at:
This conference is a one day event geared towards students, primarily from Senior & Junior High, and will be held on Saturday, March 13, 2004 at Calvary Church in Lancaster, PA. Many youth groups are using this event as part of their training for summer short term trips. Check-out the website for information on the schedule, available breakout sessions, information about the speaker and worship team. There are opportunities for missions organizations and schools to set-up displays at the conference, call 717-509-6245 for information.
- MASTERS DEGREE IN LEADERSHIP/ADMIN (FROM THE PACIFIC!)– Have you been thinking about getting your master’s in leadership/administration? Azusa Pacific University holds 4 classes every summer in the Philippines for their Master’s in Social Science with an emphasis in leadership studies. The fees are 1/3 of on-campus prices! You get to do the reading and papers during the year, after the courses. The courses this year are May 31-June 11, right after Faith Academy gets out. They will be held in Quezon City, Teacher’s Village, at the SEND International Office board room. For more information contact Melody Kuka, tel 658-3807 in Quezon City, email@example.com .
LITERATURE IN MANY LANGUAGES — No Frontiers in UK now have an online ordering system for tracts, books, gospels and bibles.
NEW DISCUSSION LIST FOR MISSION AGENCY WEBMASTERS — There is a new two-way email discussion list for webmasters: ‘Mishmash’. The list enables webmasters and mission promotion teams to discuss: – technical issues and problems in HTML and other scripting – achieving an effective graphical style and easy site navigation – broader issues of communication: how can we effectively communicate with an online target audience in order to enthuse and mobilize them for world mission So often, in the mission and web world, webmasters or small advocacy teams are working in relative isolation, and cannot easily interact with others in their field. Often, too, the wheel is repeatedly re-invented; or inadequate second-class wheels are used because no-one knows how, or where, a better wheel might be obtained! Sign up at the webpage:
Mishmash is a joint venture between Web Evangelism Guide and Cybermissions.org .
IF YOU’RE INTO CHRISTIAN COMICS — You’ll be interested in checking out
for information on “The Cardinal,” a movie based on a Christian comic book hero. There’s even a viewable trailer.
AQUAPONICS COURSE — Registration is still open for training aquaponics, which involves combining aquaculture and hydroponics for mutual benefit. These ecologically sound, highly productive systems are ideal for food production in almost any part of the world and can be used as a “helps ministry”. The course will be held March 8 – 12, 2004 at Camp Living Water in Bryson City, NC, USA. For more information, visit:
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org . There are still a few FREE rooms for full time missionaries and registration is at student rate ($75). Aquaculture International is a nonprofit organization that honors Jesus Christ as Lord.
INTERNATIONAL CHURCH MINISTRY — What is the missionary potential of the hundreds of international churches (IC’s) scattered around the world? How are IC’s launching out to upper and middle class nationals in world-class cities? After two years Dan has completed his research project (he’s now Dr. Dan). A synopsis of his project can be found at
You can also contact him about articles he has written on the subject of IC’s serving as launching pads for mission to indigenous peoples, by writing email@example.com . Thanks Dan!
- 3TH ANNUAL EYE CARE FOR ALL WHO CARE CONFERENCE — May 7-8, 2004. A conference in Houston, Texas that will show you how to add primary eye care and eyeglasses to your international missions outreach. You do not need to be a doctor to attend. For more information call Toll Free 1- 866-398-7525 or register on-line at