- NEW TOOL PRODUCES PRESENTATION NOTEBOOKS
- POSTMISSION: WORLD MISSION BY A POSTMODERN GENERATION
- TOTAL IT UP
- SHARPEN YOUR INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- TEACHING MATERIALS IN NAVAJO
- XXXCHURCH HAS FILTERING SOFTWARE
- CIU COURSE ON CULTURAL ANTHROPOLOGY IN BUDAPEST
- 2ND INTERNATIONAL CONSULTATION ON URDU MINISTRIES DEVELOPMENT
- GET CERTIFIED IN TESOL
- CHECK OUT KENRADIO FOR THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY
- SHORT-TERMERS NEED A DOC FOR A WEEK
- CLOSING STUFF
- NEW TOOL PRODUCES PRESENTATION NOTEBOOKS — This past week, I gave out presentation notebooks packed with information about a creative access nation to a new team headed there, using material produced from that new tool we mentioned last week. (See “NEW TOOL HIGHLIGHTS COUNTRIES AND PEOPLES OF THE WORLD” in last week’s edition of Brigada Today.) It was pretty impressive. Lots of people group profiles — one page each — CIA Factbook stuff, US State Dept. Background notes, maps, lists, … the works. And all of it was copyright-released. The teams really appreciated it… and with a simple bubble-jet printer, the new CD-ROM tool made it work great. The name of this tool? “Countries and Peoples of the World”, produced by ILS. It’s going to be released first right here on Brigada… and if you order during the special exclusive Brigada release period, you’ll get it for $20 less than anyone else in the world! Stay tuned for more release information. You’ll hear it first right here in Brigada Today.
- POSTMISSION: WORLD MISSION BY A POSTMODERN GENERATION — Just published, this book comes out of the Holy Island Roundtable, a 5-day 2001 gathering of GenXer leaders from mission agencies all over Europe, North America and New Zealand. With chapters written by several different Xer mission leaders, it looks at ways in which mission agencies need to change so that GenXers can thrive in their ministry (rather than the more common experiences of frustration and disillusion). It has sections on the GenX outlook, leadership of and by Xers, why postmodernity isn’t all bad, and how to develop generational harmony in mission teams. Available from Paternoster Publishing in the UK for £8.99 http://www.paternoster-publishing.com and coming soon to Gabriel Resources in the US for $15.99 http://www.gabriel-resources.com . ISBN 1-84227-165-2. Also check out the website at http://www.postmission.com or contact the editor Richard Tiplady email@example.com> .
- TOTAL IT UP — Have you heard about Total It Up!? Wycliffe Bible Translators has had people from around the world come to this 5-day action packed course that helps people determine if you have what it takes to be a Bible translator. The course gives an overview of Phonetics, Phonology, Grammar, Language Learning and Semantics/Translation plus great fellowship, ethnic meals, and field reports from real live Bible translators! All this and more for just $150. Come get your feet wet… try translation on for size… have a taste! After 5 spiritually and mentally challenging days, Total It Up, and decide for yourself! Experience, Participate, Total It Up! (Total is an acronym for: Taste Of Translation And Linguistics… pretty clever!) For a complete listing of Total It Up course locations and dates, as well as contact people, head on over to: http://www.wycliffe.org/events/total
SHARPEN YOUR INTERPERSONAL SKILLS — International Training Partners offers Sharpening Your Interpersonal Skills Workshops in different parts of the world. These five-day, highly interactive workshops focus on biblical application of skills in relating to one another and to the host people.
An upcoming workshop hosting by International Training Partners at the new facility of Mission Training International, will be held in Palmer Lake, CO March 2-7. Contact Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org> for information.
Go to http://www.RelationshipSkills.com for details on all of the workshops and information on ITP. If your mission is interested in sponsoring a SYIS workshop, contact Paul email@example.com>.
- TEACHING MATERIALS IN NAVAJO — A worker with the Navajo in Arizona and New Mexico is trying to find Bible studies and other teaching materials available in Navajo (primarily for adults). If you have any suggestions where she might find some materials please email firstname.lastname@example.org>
- XXXCHURCH HAS FILTERING SOFTWARE — We mentioned a couple of issues ago about the XXXChurch site with info. on Internet pornography, but we *didn’t* mention that they have free filtering software similar to covenanteyes.com. One of our team leaders recently told me he was now requiring it for his whole team. See it at: http://www.xxxchurch.com/patrol/index.asp
- CIU COURSE ON CULTURAL ANTHROPOLOGY IN BUDAPEST -– On March 31-April 11, 2003, Columbia International University is offering Cultural Anthropology taught by Dr. David Cashin. If you are interested in earning a Master’s Degree in Europe or in supplementing your study and professional development with grad level courses, CIU is offering a degree program that may be completed by attending 2-week intensive courses in Budapest and Germany. Write email@example.com> for more information. 2003 courses include: Cultural Anthropology, March 31- April 11; Curriculum Development and Instruction, June 9 –13; Folk Religion, September 22-October 3.
- 2ND INTERNATIONAL CONSULTATION ON URDU MINISTRIES DEVELOPMENT — Asia Pacific Mission, Ltd. will be hosting the 2nd International Consultation on Urdu Ministries Development in Singapore from March 25 Tuesday – 28 Friday, 2003. This consultation is for all who are working in urban and rural communities among Urdu-speakers worldwide. This includes missionaries, strategy coordinators, pastors, tentmakers, evangelists, teachers, prophets, social workers, development personnel, and anybody who desires that Urdu-speakers go to Heaven. Consultation fees are US$150 which covers room, breakfasts and Airport Transfer. This cost does not include Airfare and other meals. For more info., contact Frank SCANet@writeme.com> or phone (65)96824493 [mobile] for registration and donation details.
- GET CERTIFIED IN TESOL — Sea English Academy International offers TESOL certificate courses and English language courses. Located in a beautiful region of Australia, they also offer English language training courses to prepare non-English speaking missionaries. They run TESOL courses in February, April and June 2003. Study Tours and English language courses available all year round. For more info, write firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- CHECK OUT KENRADIO FOR THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY — Interested in technology? Check out http://www.kenradio.com for the latest! Get the newsletter and daily newscast — no matter where you are in the world! (Thanks for the tip, Ed!)
- SHORT-TERMERS NEED A DOC FOR A WEEK — A group of Lipscomb University pre-med students are headed out on a medical mission to Tegucigalpa, Honduras, March 13-21, 2003. There’s just one problem: they need a doctor or physician’s assistant to accompany them. If you could assist with this mission or know someone who could, contact Cheryl email@example.com>.