In this issue….
- WEBWATCH: CHECK OUT GOSPEL FOR ASIA
- HEALTH LEADERS TAKE NOTE
- ADRIS NEWSLETTER HELPS THE BIG PICTURE
- WEB-WATCH: INDONESIAN EVANGELISTIC WEBSITE
- MORE ON EVANGELISM ONLINE
- DO YOUR INVESTIGATION – TRY “CALLBACK”
- MISSIOLOGISTS SET THEIR SITES ON MISSIOLOGY.ORG
- VEHICLES TO GO
- GET YOUR GLOBAL INSURANCE
- DO YOU HAVE POWER NEEDS?
- CLOSING STUFF
WEBWATCH: CHECK OUT GOSPEL FOR ASIA
HEALTH LEADERS TAKE NOTE
- Post opinions about a particular story to share their perspectives with other health leaders;
- Register their vote in the site’s daily healthcare-related poll;
- Send information on an article, along with a personal greeting, to a colleague or friend who might also benefit from reading it;
- Search the archives of past HealthLeaders news summaries and feature articles.
In addition, members find many other useful features on the site designed specifically for the convenience of health leaders, including CME access online; career opportunities in the health industry; links to professional associations, federal statistical sites, and other key Internet sites; and directories to locate physicians, hospitals, clinics, home health agencies, health plans, and medical schools. The address is: http://www.healthleaders.com/.
ADRIS NEWSLETTER HELPS THE BIG PICTURE
WEB-WATCH: INDONESIAN EVANGELISTIC WEBSITE
MORE ON EVANGELISM ONLINE
DO YOUR INVESTIGATION – TRY “CALLBACK”
The rates are the same no matter which way you call – and the flat rates are good, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. For all other rates please see http://www.phone-access.com. And as a rule of thumb, the longer away you call the greater the saving!
You only pay for what you actually call. It’s free to sign up. There are no deposits required, no monthly minimum charges or other “hidden” fees. Along with this service also comes a great traveling feature where you can use this service and save money even as you’re traveling. Callback can also be used as a non pre-paid calling card when traveling in North America. The current rate when calling within the USA is only 12 cents per minute! Sign-up can be done online on a secure server, the service comes with other features such as speed dialing, forced dialing and language options. You can even to use your computer to trigger a callback over the Internet. To learn more about Callback, how it works and how to sign up online please visit: http://www.phone-access.com or write firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions that you might have.
MISSIOLOGISTS SET THEIR SITES ON MISSIOLOGY.ORG
- dictionary of Missiological terms,
- five bibliographies of missions resources,
- descriptions of the discipline and essential tasks of missions,
- an Animism homepage and
- an archive of Dr. Gailyn Van Rheenen’s “Monthly Missiological Reflections”.
VEHICLES TO GO
GET YOUR GLOBAL INSURANCE
DO YOU HAVE POWER NEEDS?
TO SUBSCRIBE — To subscribe to BRIGADA TODAY, send email to email@example.com.
TO UNSUBSCRIBE — Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Subject and text are ignored.)
IF IT DOESN’T WORK — Write Don & Judy, our Customer Services Managers at email@example.com. Yahooooo for volunteers!!!
COPYRIGHT — This issue of Brigada Today is Copyrighted © 2001. However, permission is granted to freely redistribute these materials, including those available through email autoresponders, provided that such redistribution is to those who will help the Good News of Christianity to reach the unreached. But please include this phrase: “For a free subscription of Brigada‘s weekly missions publication, write firstname.lastname@example.org>.”
IMPORTANT: To copy or reproduce Brigada Today for any other reason is illegal and is not permitted.
DISCLAIMER — Please note that there’s no way we can possibly screen all the text on all the web sites or items we recommend. We try to check them out first… but if we miss something, please don’t assume that the opinions on those sites are identical to those of the Brigada family of networks. “Eat the corn, leave the cob!”
For subscription questions or problems, write email@example.com.
SUBMITTING CONTENT — To submit content or ideas to Brigada Today, first please get a copy of “Guidelines for submitting items to Brigada” Then, once you’ve composed your item in keeping with those guidelines, send your item for Brigada Today to DLucas@teamexpansion.org.
Emphasis is placed on items relating to unreached peoples and challenges faced by those reaching them cross-culturally.
PLEASE DON’T SUBSCRIBE US TO YOUR LIST — It’s always better to ask before manually force-adding anyone to your list-serve or mailing list. Recently, tons of well-meaning people have been subscribing Doug to their lists. Since he often travels overseas, he doesn’t join many of those, for obvious reasons (like being charged big-time for overseas access). So as a general rule, please don’t bulk-mail us! See the note above if you’d like to submit items for Brigada Today. Thanks for understanding. Bottom line: We will never create Brigada Today items from bulk mail. Bulk mail gets deleted immediately — sorry. Nothing personal. We suggest you apply the same standard to everyone. Ask first!
WARNING ABOUT FORWARDING EMAILS — Please, before forwarding any kind of request (even if it says “please send this to all your friends”), please check to make sure it has a VERIFIABLE ORIGIN, a VERIFIABLE PURPOSE, and a VERIFIABLE CLOSURE (OPC). By following this simple approach, many “email viruses” could be nipped in the bud… at least in the Brigada family. More information about the full Brigada OPC protocol is available. Thank you.
BRIGADA TODAY IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE FOLLOWING TEAM OF REGULAR VOLUNTEERS:
- Global Glimpses: John Hanna, Caleb Project, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brigada Website: Bob Mayhew, WebServant@brigada.org
- Brigada Customer Service Manager: email@example.com
- Brigada Coordinator: Doug Lucas, Team Expansion & Brigada, DLucas@teamexpansion.org
- and many other occasional contributors too numerous to mention!
- But thanks for working together! That’s the dream of Brigada!