- AT LAST: WORLD CHRISTIAN ENCYCLOPEDIA IS HERE!
- STRATEGY COORDINATOR TRAINING 2000
- KITAB BOOKS FOR MUSLIMS
- “NO CLOSED DOORS”
- SUMMARY OF ADVANCE!
- TAJIK PRAYER DAY
- CHILDREN’S MISSION EDUCATION
- NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER “LIVE”
- CALLING ALL 10/40 WINDOW AND CREATIVE ACCESS BRIGADIERS!
- A DOZEN LINKS ON PARTNERSHIP
- NEW WEB JOURNAL FROM LUIS PALAU
- VBS TEAM NEEDED IN HAWAII
- COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTORIES
- IRANIAN ELECTIONS
- SWAHILI LITERATURE OUTREACH
- BRIGADA: WHAT’S IT TO YOU?
- CLOSING STUFF
AT LAST: WORLD CHRISTIAN ENCYCLOPEDIA IS HERE!
- Volume One: detailed empirical overview of global Christianity.
- Volume Two: survey of religious life in 238 countries covering political, social, economic, and denominational features.
- Volume Three: global data – miniprofiles of 10,000 religions, 12,600 ethnocultural groups, languages, regions, cities, extensive index, resource guide, and full-color reference atlas.
Mention that you saw it in Brigada and ask for the special introductory offer until 3/31/2000 of $70 off the US$395 price. Published by Oxford University Press. In the USA, call toll-free 800-451-7556; in Canada, dial 800-387-8020. Elsewhere, use 212-726-6453 or write email@example.com or browse http://www.oup.com. This is the book by which all other reference sources are judged. I just ordered mine. I told the order-taker to get ready for the 10,000 person rush! And by the way… they offered no discount to me beyond the normal Brigada introductory $70 off. At least you know I don’t get a “cut” for every book sold.
Thanks to Brigada participant Bruce Camp who might have just saved you some money. He recommended that we shop for the World Christian Encyclopedia at http://www.bestbookbuys.com and, sure enough, one vendor has it at $279 + tax, postage paid. That’s a better deal than the one offered by Oxford Press. If you’ve just ordered, maybe since these are pre-publication orders, perhaps the folks at Oxford Press would allow you to cancel your order and you could save $45 off the price we mentioned by buying from www.bigwords.com. I’ll try that tomorrow. Again, the exact location at bigwords.com is: bigwords.com/search/index.cfm?BIGVERB=book%20zoom&ISBN=0195079639
STRATEGY COORDINATOR TRAINING 2000
- UPG Profile and Mobilisation Brochure
- List of Networking Present and Potential Partners
- 100 Options to engage this UPG
- A Master Plan for reaching, training and developing a church-planting movement among this UPG
Successful trainees will be awarded 10 credits towards a Masters, MA, DMin or PhD in Inter-cultural Studies from Bethany School of Missions (The Training Arm of Asia Pacific Mission, Ltd) in Singapore. Write Frank SCANet@writeme.com or call 65-9682-4493.
KITAB BOOKS FOR MUSLIMS
“NO CLOSED DOORS”
SUMMARY OF ADVANCE!
Cote d’Ivoire’s Toura people; the Mestizos of Peru; the Uighur of northwestern China; 18-fold church growth in China; an Iranian trains Christian workers to reach his countrymen; 260 unreached people groups with no one to tell them; the Zerma of Niger
Two believers imprisoned in animal cages; persecution in Turkmenistan; Fulbe believers in Nigeria persecuted; Pakistani Christian sentenced to prison; European human rights court to review Soner Onder’s case; Romanian lawmakers withdraw religion law
Medical technician testifies he helped kill babies at Planned Parenthood abortion facility; 4-month-old baby shot to death in Bogota; Mexicans make pilgrimage to Mayan shrines
580 prisoners in Benin pass up meal for “Jesus” film; Buddha painter saved in Mongolia; God answers chief’s prayer for agricultural worker; broken jade Buddha turns woman to Christ; West African chief pleads for missionary; church-planting movement emerging in unreached people group in China; Christian worker puts life on the line for team members; 16- year-old’s prophetic word saves man from suicide
The “Jesus” film for children; “The Waiting World” video series; the Buddha’s prophecy of the Messiah
TAJIK PRAYER DAY
CHILDREN’S MISSION EDUCATION
NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER “LIVE”
CALLING ALL 10/40 WINDOW AND CREATIVE ACCESS BRIGADIERS!
A DOZEN LINKS ON PARTNERSHIP
Here are her top 10 links on the topic of forming partnerships:
- A New Mission Role for a New Era http://www.missionfrontiers.org/1999/10/dirset.htm
- Diplomatic Savvy for the Sake of the Unreached http://www.missionfrontiers.org/1999/10/dirset.htm
- Keys to Effective Partnership http://www.ad2000.org/adoption/Coop/Partner/Pidkeys.htm
- BEYOND AD2000: Models for Consideration / New Wineskins http://www.ad2000.org/re80402.htm
- Partnering for the New Millennium http://www.missionfrontiers.org/1999/10/dirset.htm
- Partnership and Unity http://www.missionfrontiers.org/1999/10/dirset.htm
- Partnership Really Works http://www.missionfrontiers.org/1999/10/dirset.htm
- Partnerships Benefits of Cooperation http://www.ad2000.org/adoption/Coop/NetIntr/NPIntBen.htm
- Strategic Resource Partnerships http://www.missionfrontiers.org/1999/10/dirset.htm
- The Partnership Life Cycle http://www.ad2000.org/adoption/Coop/Partner/Pidlife.htm
- The Synergy of Partnership http://www.missionfrontiers.org/1999/10/dirset.htm
- What is it like to be a Partnership Facilitator http://www.missionfrontiers.org/1999/10/dirset.htm
- What Shape of Partnership? http://www.ad2000.org/adoption/Coop/Partner/Pidshap.htm
- Why Partnerships? http://www.ad2000.org/adoption/Coop/Partner/Pidwhyp.htm
NEW WEB JOURNAL FROM LUIS PALAU
VBS TEAM NEEDED IN HAWAII
SWAHILI LITERATURE OUTREACH
BRIGADA: WHAT’S IT TO YOU?
TO SUBSCRIBE — To subscribe to BRIGADA TODAY, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO UNSUBSCRIBE — Send email to email@example.com. (Subject and text are ignored.)
IF IT DOESN’T WORK — Write Don & Judy, our Customer Services Managers at firstname.lastname@example.org. Yahooooo for volunteers!!!
COPYRIGHT — This issue of Brigada Today is Copyrighted © 2001. However, permission is granted to freely redistribute these materials, including those available through email autoresponders, provided that such redistribution is to those who will help the Good News of Christianity to reach the unreached. But please include this phrase: “For a free subscription of Brigada‘s weekly missions publication, write email@example.com>.”
IMPORTANT: To copy or reproduce Brigada Today for any other reason is illegal and is not permitted.
DISCLAIMER — Please note that there’s no way we can possibly screen all the text on all the web sites or items we recommend. We try to check them out first… but if we miss something, please don’t assume that the opinions on those sites are identical to those of the Brigada family of networks. “Eat the corn, leave the cob!”
For subscription questions or problems, write firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBMITTING CONTENT — To submit content or ideas to Brigada Today, first please get a copy of “Guidelines for submitting items to Brigada” Then, once you’ve composed your item in keeping with those guidelines, send your item for Brigada Today to DLucas@teamexpansion.org.
Emphasis is placed on items relating to unreached peoples and challenges faced by those reaching them cross-culturally.
PLEASE DON’T SUBSCRIBE US TO YOUR LIST — It’s always better to ask before manually force-adding anyone to your list-serve or mailing list. Recently, tons of well-meaning people have been subscribing Doug to their lists. Since he often travels overseas, he doesn’t join many of those, for obvious reasons (like being charged big-time for overseas access). So as a general rule, please don’t bulk-mail us! See the note above if you’d like to submit items for Brigada Today. Thanks for understanding. Bottom line: We will never create Brigada Today items from bulk mail. Bulk mail gets deleted immediately — sorry. Nothing personal. We suggest you apply the same standard to everyone. Ask first!
WARNING ABOUT FORWARDING EMAILS — Please, before forwarding any kind of request (even if it says “please send this to all your friends”), please check to make sure it has a VERIFIABLE ORIGIN, a VERIFIABLE PURPOSE, and a VERIFIABLE CLOSURE (OPC). By following this simple approach, many “email viruses” could be nipped in the bud… at least in the Brigada family. More information about the full Brigada OPC protocol is available. Thank you.
BRIGADA TODAY IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE FOLLOWING TEAM OF REGULAR VOLUNTEERS:
- Global Glimpses: John Hanna, Caleb Project, email@example.com
- Brigada Website: Bob Mayhew, WebServant@brigada.org
- Brigada Customer Service Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brigada Coordinator: Doug Lucas, Team Expansion & Brigada, DLucas@teamexpansion.org
- and many other occasional contributors too numerous to mention!
- But thanks for working together! That’s the dream of Brigada!